LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Alterative to K&N kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 12:30 PM

Re: Alterative to K&N kit

Go with a Lingenfelter Supertube. They know their stuff. Easy intsall with a very nice power gain. Plus the filter is fuggin huge, quite possibly the largest made for LT1 CAI's. Its about the size of a 2 liter bottle.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/lingenfe...=16&pf%5Fid=51

-Dustin-
Old 11-08-2004, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bersaglieri
Go with a Lingenfelter Supertube. They know their stuff. Easy intsall with a very nice power gain. Plus the filter is fuggin huge, quite possibly the largest made for LT1 CAI's. Its about the size of a 2 liter bottle.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/lingenfe...=16&pf%5Fid=51

-Dustin-
Thanks for the tip Dustin, question, easy-on/easy off with the filter?
Old 11-08-2004, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by QUASARBLUEZ28
My Morosso bolts down into the top of the old air box. Never had any issues in install or de-install of the filter.
Thanks QUASARBLUEZ28, but the stock air box is 1 year gone already, appreciate it though.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:50 PM

I've mastered doing the K&N Install by myself... Get a bunch of rags or paper towels, you can wedge them between the K&N and the radiator and if you do it right, it won't push up every time you try and slide the filter on right.

The second "trick" is to get light in there and see what your doing as you slide it on. its at a very odd angle, but if you do it "just right" it fits on very easily (given you have some rags or a person pushing down up top).

Finally, before you put it all back together, use some soapy water and clean the points which you are putting together (the K&N Tube and the rubber part of the air filter). This prevents the filter from falling off during driving.

Hope this helps... Its really a lot easier if you can see exactly how your trying to fit it on in reference to the pipe opening.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by toby360
I've mastered doing the K&N Install by myself... Get a bunch of rags or paper towels, you can wedge them between the K&N and the radiator and if you do it right, it won't push up every time you try and slide the filter on right.

The second "trick" is to get light in there and see what your doing as you slide it on. its at a very odd angle, but if you do it "just right" it fits on very easily (given you have some rags or a person pushing down up top).

Finally, before you put it all back together, use some soapy water and clean the points which you are putting together (the K&N Tube and the rubber part of the air filter). This prevents the filter from falling off during driving.

Hope this helps... Its really a lot easier if you can see exactly how your trying to fit it on in reference to the pipe opening.
Yea I know what you mean, between the inital install (which wnet as good as expected) and now going through the cleaning etc. I tried to get it work this time and couldn't.I even took the duct out of the hood area to check the fit of it on the filter. It just doesn't go on, even with every thing out of the car. Multiply a no fit by the conditions when its installed & Flashlights newspapers cinder blocks, if it doesn't go on, it just won't go on.

thanks for your input though
Old 11-09-2004, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Stormman
Thanks for the tip Dustin, question, easy-on/easy off with the filter?

The filter is clamped on to the CAI tube with a conventional screw/socket clamp and is easily taken on/off. Any more questions be sure to ask. Its a very simple yet effective unit. In my opinion Lingenfelter is a top notch company.

-Dustin-
Old 11-09-2004, 07:08 AM

That comes with everything? Seems reasonably priced, especially for the 94-97!
Old 11-09-2004, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Stormman
Thanks for your reply.

Which brand do you have? The k&n doesn't bolt down, it slips into a backet that gets bolted down where the airbox used to be.
I was so sure I had the K&N, now this thread as put doubts in my mind. I will check next time i get the car. On mine, the bracket itself is bolted down, and the Induction is hold by that bracket. But it was held solidly, so that I could push up firmly from underneath with the filter.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:52 PM

Lingenfelter includes all you need for 159.95 I believe, at Lingenfelters website. I think it is a huge value for the price, mine fit perfectly, install was a breeze with step by step intrsuctions, and I love the huge sucking noise I get each time I start or floor my car =]

-Dustin-