LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

? for all the lt1 guys about loudness

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 06:18 PM

? for all the lt1 guys about loudness

ok, my car was so loud when i put my cutout on and had it open then i got a lt4 km and took out the pcm from the car and installed it started my car and i was like wtf the car was not as loud so my ? is does the lt4 km do that should i put the lt1 km back in if i want it to be loud and sound bad azz again???
Old 05-05-2003, 06:28 PM

the LT1 km and LT4 km will have zero affect on how loud your car is....
Old 05-05-2003, 07:07 PM

"" , well put.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:30 PM

ohhhh... you like it loud? you need long tubes and duals, or open y-pipe!!! then add the lt4 hot cam ...yeah, I am having a muffler welded back up in the morning.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:22 PM

Location: NE philadelphia pa, FOX CHASE:A FRIEND WITH WEED, IS A FRIEND INDEED:~ ThE LittlE LePreChauN ToLd Me tO BuRn tHiNgS!!!! `

He's obviously smoked himself retarded.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:29 PM

Originally posted by Blue89Bird
Location: NE philadelphia pa, FOX CHASE:A FRIEND WITH WEED, IS A FRIEND INDEED:~ ThE LittlE LePreChauN ToLd Me tO BuRn tHiNgS!!!! `

Old 05-05-2003, 10:03 PM

Originally posted by Blue89Bird

LMAO!
Old 05-05-2003, 10:11 PM

LOL
Old 05-07-2003, 01:58 AM

Question

ok i asked a fn ? and i get all this bull **** this is what sucks about this board ever one side tracks the ? and starts talking ****

first i answer to this
Got questions regarding your "mods":
1. What is done to the car to make it a Z28/SS? Other than the hood/airbox? i got a better Sup. kit then the ss and a better shifter and the body of my car is all the same pretty much if not better look the ss camaro is a Z28 just with extras and i got them just not through slp and didn't pay like 4000 4 it

2. Are your turn signals white or clear? Never seen white lenses.
you know what i mean clear white about all the same type of look ill change it if it makes ya feel better
3. Your thermostat. 180/160? Which is it? 180 Thermostat/160 in the summer need i say more u can't understand this??

now back to what this post was about my lt4 km when i put it in it made my car sound not as loud has this happen to anybody or did i do something from unplugging my pcm??

Last edited by Dmx4ever3; 05-07-2003 at 02:02 AM.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:18 AM

Originally posted by Dmx4ever3
ok i asked a fn ? and i get all this bull **** this is what sucks about this board ever one side tracks the ? and starts talking ****

first i answer to this
1. What is done to the car to make it a Z28/SS? Other than the hood/airbox? i got a better Sup. kit then the ss and a better shifter and the body of my car is all the same pretty much if not better look the ss camaro is a Z28 just with extras and i got them just not through slp and didn't pay like 4000 4 it

2. Are your turn signals white or clear? Never seen white lenses.
you know what i mean clear white about all the same type of look ill change it if it makes ya feel better
3. Your thermostat. 180/160? Which is it? 180 Thermostat/160 in the summer need i say more u can't understand this??

now back to what this post was about my lt4 km when i put it in it made my car sound not as loud has this happen to anybody or did i do something from unplugging my pcm??
#1, puttign better parts on your car doesnt make it an SS....If I mod my Trans-Am enough can i call it a Pontiac Ferarri ????

#2 Knock module does not have any effect on sound, you must have been stoned or something and put the caps back on your cut offs and forgot about it. Look under your car....Oh Also If the car was in a garage or carport when you thought it was louder than it is now that would be a reason. Tall buildings and garages make the cars exhaust resonate and sound louder......

#3...if #2 does nto apply then you have a littel green leaprachaun hiding in your Flowmaster stealing all your exhaust sounds and smoking a DooBie
Old 05-07-2003, 02:02 PM

lmao
Old 05-07-2003, 02:30 PM

In all seriousness here...

I have NEVER heard of the knock module having anything to do with how the exhaust sounds on the car.

The differences between the LT1 KM and the LT4 KM are basically that the LT4 does a better job of filtering out noises that were not knock but the LT1 knock module would see as knock causing the PCM to retard timing when it doesn't need to.

Perfect example of the noise that the LT4 KM was designed to deal with: Roller Rockers.. Headers can also cause your LT1 KM to pick up on knock and make the PCM retard timing.

As for the other, I am going to comment here, but I'm not meaning to clown on you so forgive me if I come off that way...

Most Camaro SS owners (owners of real SSes anyway) are very protective of the badging, as they should be (in my opinion). They take it to offense if someone puts the added stuff on the car and badges it as an SS because it did not start life as an SS.

Granted I understand why you wrote it the way you did in your sig, basically a Z28 with SS stuff added to it, and I don't think you're calling it an SS, but others might misinterpret what you type.

For example, I have a Firebird Formula, which is basically a Trans-Am without the badging. There are other slight differences, I'm not sure of all of them as I don't really care. But if I were to make the adjustments to the car, I wouldn't want to call my car a Formula/Trans-Am because it's not a Trans-Am, it's a Formula with some Trans-Am parts... I hope you understand what I mean here and don't take me to offense because I don't mean any.

As for your thermostat deal, it is a little confusing at first glance, you might want to say Thermostat: 180 Winter/160 Summer. That would make it obvious what you mean at first glance.

Hope my info about the knock module above helps...
Old 05-07-2003, 02:43 PM

And what about the leaprachauns????
Old 05-07-2003, 02:50 PM

God you guys are *******s he asked a simple question so answer it without being jerks Ive seen some terrible questions asked on this forum before where everyone was still polite. Half the damn nation smokes weed, I dont, never have never will but dont jump all over him for it cause more than likely hes not the only one on here who does Although I dont think there should have been a difference in sound from the lt4 knock module definetely wasnt when I did it, maybe something else happened to make it sound different.... maybe??

lol and with a name like tripintaz who are you making fun of for being a stoner, not saying you are but just something to think about..... maybe your not serious

Last edited by lt4 fd; 05-07-2003 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:01 PM

"first i answer to this
1. What is done to the car to make it a Z28/SS? Other than the hood/airbox? i got a better Sup. kit then the ss and a better shifter and the body of my car is all the same pretty much if not better look the ss camaro is a Z28 just with extras and i got them just not through slp and didn't pay like 4000 4 it"

Don't insult me...People that take their car seriously like myself take offense to someone trying to replicate a unique, individual numbered car. If you want to call it a z28/SS thats your preferance, don't insult the fact that people like myself spent the extra $$$ to buy a piece of GM history.

Quick Reply: ? for all the lt1 guys about loudness