LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

Wiped out & hit a curb going 35

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 12:23 AM

Wiped out & hit a curb going 35

Well, i just got out of work and as i am walking over to my car i notice that my rear bumper is a little shorter then usual, i look closer and find a HUGE frigging dent! the size of a watermellon (no lie) on the rear drivers corner it knocked the whole bumber out of alingment leaveing gaps where the seams are on the trunk and 1/4 pannels. Now i am ripsh*t i am swearing up a storm and i jump in my car and tear a$$ out of there but i hit some sand and lose traction and go sideways into a curb going 35+ i hit it on the passengerside with the wheel cut to the right as i was trying to correct the skid. Now my steering feels stiffer and not as responcive. Do u know what could be wrong? Alingment? rack and pinion? I am not exactly sure what is involved here? I am going to go to the tire shop on tues and see what they can do, but i would like to have some idea as to what may be broken, can someone please clarify This is not my week i just worked 2 18 hr shifts and i want to hit someone

Last edited by LT-14me; 11-30-2003 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-30-2003, 01:26 AM

first off, your rim is probably bent and need to be re balanced. so it will need to get bent back or replaced. your align will be way off. if those 2 things dont work check into other tings but you should be good with htose 2 things
Old 11-30-2003, 07:52 AM

Thats what you get for not being calm and staying behide to call the cops for a police report. Full coverage or not that is coverd if your car gets damaged in a parking lot. All that for more damage
Old 11-30-2003, 05:00 PM

Originally posted by Geezer powered
Thats what you get for not being calm and staying behide to call the cops for a police report. Full coverage or not that is coverd if your car gets damaged in a parking lot. All that for more damage

I know right, i was just pissed because i havent left my work in what seems like forever i have been pulling 16 hr shifts all week and i have just about had it so when i got out and saw my car got pissed and just wanted to go home. i did gas it a little too much as i took the corner i underestimated how much sand was on the road. AND a police report does little to nothing if i called them they wouldnt have sent a cruiser down they just would have taken my info over the phone. So it would have been pointless for me to stay there anyway. But i called the police this morning and got it all straitened out. I just hope my insurance doesnt try to screw me, i will prob need a whole new bumper and rear valance.