CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   LS1 Based Engine Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/ls1-based-engine-tech-19/)
-   -   should I get WRX or Z28 (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/ls1-based-engine-tech-19/should-i-get-wrx-z28-15303/)

1FSTWRX 09-19-2002 02:20 PM

Dont be angry that i am providing counter points to the points that you raise.

I am not a dreamer. i have dyno charts to prove my power outputs, just need to scan them and poist them. Look i orginaly posted her due to the iggnorance in regards to the WRX. yes i posted a stupid post, so burn me for that i deserve it. Dont get all pissy when i produce some info that could educate you. Yes i have a fast wrx, yes there is faster wrxs in the us then mine. Face it you guys arent hight nad mighty like you act, yes your cars are fast stock (faster then a stock wrx). But dont write our cars off with no respect as ricer cars, or piles of *** crap. They arent a simply a raced out daewoo these cars are fast and are only going to get faster, they have only been in the us for a year or so now and we allready have a 10 sec wrx, a handful of 11 second wrxs and boatloads of 12 sec wrxs rumblign the streets. Any way you slice it these cars are wonderful little cars, they are pretty amazing if you think of the potential power output coming form a 2 liter 4 cyl. (once again mine makes 500+ at the crank) Do the math 250 hp per liter, or 125 hp per cyl. Not very many camaros making that sort of power when you break it down, that are daily driveable. I know that you guys are goign to repsond with posts like that is bull crap blah blah blah, all im looking for here is to educate you guys on our cars, and maybe learn a bit from you guys. (and brag a bit of course) hehe

Feel free to ask as many questiosn as you like ill try and answer them.

And if i drift into a tree or truck more power to me, just means ill be making a purpose built racer from what is left. :)

(and i dopnt care for dsm's much eaither but some of them are pretty bad ass)
Cheers.

agent_51 09-19-2002 02:45 PM

Originally posted by Chris89Stang
LOL! The guy friggin' owns one and you are saying because YOU don't think they are out he doesn't. :bs:

The '03 models ARE OUT! They have been for a month now. There are a couple sitting at the local Subaru dealership right now. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Road & Track are wrong. There wasn't any body changes.

Jesus ok i was wrong. I didnt think a mag like road and track would be wrong, theyre only like one of the biggest automotive publications out there.

Continue beating on your chests and shouting owned.

Anyways if any of you guys dont think WRXs are doing 10s....

Click this link

http://63.164.33.8/esx/ESX-10second-...subaru-wrx.mov

psychocabbage 09-19-2002 02:45 PM

Actually I know enough about them.. They just arent for me..
Last night i was driving my friends 2.5 Imprezza at the track.. handles fine but just not a fast car.. 16.5 sec 1/4 mile.. i know its not the turbo car but it just doesnt feel... sturdy i guess is the word i am looking for..

If I could get any import, personally, my vote goes to this:
http://www.raceher.com/psycab/images/DSC00100.jpg

Just happens to be a nice import that is fast..
hehe

But WRC aside, its not cheap to do that... My LS1 is fast stock.. and with just a supercharger I can potentially have a very quick car that requires no out of the norm mainenance..

Power adders like turbos and superchargers are rarely maintenance free when you start to mod them...

The owner of the 2.5 was wanting an STi but I think that he is going to start looking elsewhere.. His car really annoyed him.. he didnt have many mods but he was expecting a bit more.. I think he is a little disallusioned.. He is also talking about an EVO VIII but in reality, unless you live in snow plagued areas, Texas isnt the best place for AWD.. no real need for it.. Sooo, now he is looking at the new 350Z.... (and his father is an exec at GM!)

1FSTWRX 09-19-2002 02:46 PM

Um yes my car is as fast as i say yes i do have time slips, 12.20's at sears point all day long. This was befored it was tuned properly and before it had a lil larger injectors. It should be able to do a 11.90 or so the way it sat then if it was at a different track, But those are excuses, i will post my first mid 11 second pass hopefully next friday.

What have you posted?

Cheers

Ken S 09-19-2002 02:50 PM

500 flywheel hp isn't too drastic on a daily driven fbody, with the side benift of having a smoother wider powerband..

I'm not going into hp/L

You spend money on just about any ride, and you can make it fast. it all comes down to cubic dollars..

1FSTWRX 09-19-2002 03:02 PM

I like that saying cubic dollars. Yes that is true, all i am shooting for here is again a lil respect, and to show you gusy that not all wrx drivers are riced out japs that mod there windsheild wiper squiters.

(i hate that crap)

Shaitiger 09-19-2002 03:23 PM

Originally posted by 1FSTWRX
I like that saying cubic dollars. Yes that is true, all i am shooting for here is again a lil respect, and to show you gusy that not all wrx drivers are riced out japs that mod there windsheild wiper squiters.

(i hate that crap)

I agree. Can't wait to see that slip. GOOD LUCK!!!

96fbirdA4 09-19-2002 04:18 PM

Why is it always the import crowd who brings up HP/L? It doesn't get you to the finish line any faster, seems like glorified bench racing to me. No disrespect intended to 1FSTWRX, as I do like your car. But while we're bench racing, what about engine efficiency, how about gas mileage vs power output or gas mileage vs displacement. Gotta love 30mpg out of 346 cubes with 350 hp.

One last thing on the HP/L thing, since horsepower is a calculated quantity why not use the real world data of TQ/L? All HP/L would tell you was that you can spin the engine to an ungodly RPM. Also, on an FI engine you should get more than 100 HP/L since you're getting much better than 100% VE.

1FSTWRX 09-19-2002 04:53 PM

Ya i know someone was going to remark something about benchmark racing, It doesnt realy matter as you said just wanted to throw out some numbers to prove that these little cars can produce alot of power if set up right. Lets face it i bought this car to go fast in a straight line and go fast in the twisties, all while having four doors and the sleeper effect. Just something about having a four door import and being pretty much untouchable on the streets.

PhantomTA 09-19-2002 08:49 PM

Originally posted by 1FSTWRX
Ya i know someone was going to remark something about benchmark racing, It doesnt realy matter as you said just wanted to throw out some numbers to prove that these little cars can produce alot of power if set up right. Lets face it i bought this car to go fast in a straight line and go fast in the twisties, all while having four doors and the sleeper effect. Just something about having a four door import and being pretty much untouchable on the streets.
untouchable? you obviously dont live in the motor city :Owned:

Locked!