LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

rate the difficulty...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 07:47 PM

Question rate the difficulty...

okay, rate the difficulty of the following tasks for me please, with 1 being easiest (can do it with one hand, no problem) and 10 being the hardest (no way, i'd rather change the spark plugs).

1. changing out the panhard rod bushings
2. changing out the torque arm bushing

thanks!

------------------
jay
san francisco
Old 08-28-2002, 10:03 PM

Talking

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jthomas:
okay, rate the difficulty of the following tasks for me please, with 1 being easiest (can do it with one hand, no problem) and 10 being the hardest (no way, i'd rather change the spark plugs).

thanks!

</font>

Easy.. they come in the BMR or other name brand panhard rod. I see no point in just doing the bushings when you can get a panhard rod for about $100 and its much better. Used its even cheaper. I wouldnt suggest the SLP "boxed" version as they seem ghey.

This one is simple but its messy.. Be strong or get help. I did mine alone but I got some sick muscles to help me.. You essentially have to lube the tip of the torque arm with what feels like glue. Then you have to slide it a few inches onto the torque arm.. Ohh wait.. the real pain was also in the removing of the rivets that hold the stock bushing in place.. Then mounting it all back.. If that sounds do able.. then have at it. I never did it before in my life and did it in about 1 hour.. lost 4-6 cutting wheels from my dremel. but it got on. Good mod..

------------------
Psycho Cabbage
2002 Camaro Z28
(6 sp) Bone stock
Webmaster for RaceHer.com
Check out the current polls and vote!
by the prěcking of my thumb, something wicked this way comes

-Traded in- 1995 Camaro Z28 (A4 (#6 I might add!),ES tranny mount and torque arm bushing,SLP CAI,ASP 34% Underdrive,Strange 3.73's (shredded Auburn),1LE alum driveshaft & intake elbow,Yokohamas AVS Intermediates,160-stat,MAF screen removed, HPP+(for shift points only),Borla Y-pipe, Flowmaster Force-II catback, Gutted Cat, Airlift Airbag, !TB Bypass, J&M LCA's, Bosch Platinums, Moroso BlueMax Wires, Free RamAir, Meziere Electric H2O pump, MAC 3point STB, BMR Panhard, SCR SFC's
Just installed:Nu-tek Heads (mild port) and Comp Cams 1.6RR's! New track and dyno #'s to follow!
best 13.44 @103.26
0-60ft 1.96
270 RWHP/296 RWTQ
0-60MPH 4.8sec
1987 Porsche 944S (waiting on LT1 mod)
Old 08-28-2002, 10:09 PM

To do the torque arm bracket I would just take the arm off and then unscrew the bracket so you arent messing with it under your car...Just remeber to torque the arm to the rear end 95ftlbs(to the rear end)...The panhard rod is easy to take off...I would also say get a new adjustable one incase you lower your car that way you can center the rear end again...