LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

New Here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 06:09 PM

New Here!

Hello. I've been trying to get on this awesome site for a few days. Somehow I was doing something wrong and with the help of Chris, here I am!! THANKS CHRIS! I have tons of questions for all the camaro/LSI experts out there, and I'm going to be listening CAREFULLY!! First, I bought a 2002 Camaro Z28 BRAND NEW just 3 weeks ago! COULDN'T BELIEVE MY FIND! BLACK/LEATHER, AUTOMATIC. IT COULDN'T BE MORE PERFECT! QUESTION: Thinking about dropping a twin turbo in it at this time. There is 250 miles on it. I'm not sure if I want to gain horses with that OR change the heads, cam, K&N and cat back exhaust! What would you guys suggest? I WANT AT LEAST 450 RWHP!!
Old 05-10-2003, 06:37 PM

First off welcome, second...learn to understand the car..third..break in the motor...forth, respect your car then if your still alive and the car is one piece then we'll talk heads and cam.

Have fun and drive safe
Old 05-10-2003, 07:47 PM

Talking Cute response!

Neh, this is my 5th camaro, and believe you me, I respect them! But I have to agree, I'm gonna break the car in. Might take a few years, as I do not drive but maybe 900 miles a year IF THAT!!!!! Oh well, talk to ya later.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:51 PM

Welcome! Congrats on the purchase.

Yes, brake in your car first. As far as a TT setup goes, nobody makes one anymore. There is a company that makes a SINGLE turbo setup. Here's the link. Enjoy the car

Nate
Old 05-11-2003, 11:58 AM

Welcome! Personally, as sweet as a TT would be, I'd stay away from it. Unless you really have the money to spend, then I'd go for it. On the stock engine, it won't be able to handle much, and I don't see it lasting that long. If you build the engine up for it, then that'd be sweet as hell.

Heads/cam and other boltons can put you at 450-480 rwhp. Add a little spray and you've got nearly 700.
Old 05-11-2003, 01:06 PM

Welcome! to the F-body world and Congrats on the new ride