LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

Need Help!!...Car wont satrt this morning :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 11:43 AM

Need Help!!...Car wont satrt this morning :(

I need you guys to help me out here..

i drove my car a few times this week and it was bogging hard when i started it and started driving it but as it warmed up the car would run fine...so I parked it and let it sit a few days and it would continue to bogg when i would start it to roll it out front of my shop...last night i pulled it into one of my bays for the night and it was really running like ****..and actually stalled a few times while pulling it in.. I assumed that it was the change in weather since it began happening as the temperature decreased

now this morning I went to start it this morning and it wont turn over...starts to but then it does nothing..
I can smell gas to quite heavily at times..I did pump the pedal a bit a few times

my only engine mods are mba MAF, MTI lid, Smooth Bellow, K&N, Mac mid length headers, and a Borla cat back.... I changed the plugs over to the Iridium(?) plugs for use with my nitrous recently as well and the weather here in Detroit is about 30 degrees ifd that might have anything to do with it??

If anyone has any ideas what i might need to do to get it running correctly please post....I dont want to have to push this heavy beast around another day....lol

thanks in advance guys...take care
Old 12-11-2002, 01:58 PM

Have you checked the fuel filter? Might be dirty or cloged with something. Also, I dont know how dad it might be on the newer ones, but I remember some 3rd gens used to have a problem of bogging down because the cats would be clogged. And pumping the gas on a fuel injected car does not really do anything for you. Your car should prime the engine when you turn the key to start if I am not mistaken. You might have flooded it by trying to crank it over and over and the engine being primed so many times. Take that info for what it is worth, I am not 100% sure on it. Maybe it will help though, or at least might provoke someone to reply saying I am wrong and in turn help you fix the problem.. hehe.
Old 12-11-2002, 02:35 PM

Thanks for the reply bro..

I know the cats arent clogged cause i do not have any ...lol

I know that it has fuel injection but i thiought id tell you guys about the pumping the gas just to give you as much info as possible in hopes someone might help me diagnose the problem..

thanks again.... anyone else????..
Old 12-11-2002, 05:26 PM

at first i thought, fuel pump, but then you say you smell gas, sounds like your not getting spark. Check the necissary fuses, and if not, try to see what codes it runs, like at an autozone (if your determined you can tow it there) they will run codes for free, or they do here. May be something with your coil packs. A friend of mine installed nitrous on his 2000 Gt and he forgot to plug in the coil pack for #7, ran, but bogged like hell. Try switching the plugs back, Could be problems with those plugs, maybe gapped wrong etc.