LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

my foolishness...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 08:39 PM

Post my foolishness...

hey fellas...I know this is kinda an off topic, but cheer me up a bit...or tell me I messed up if ya like.

See, I came home from work..I work til 8 at night all through the week. I come home to have my neighbor watering his lawn...right up against my driveway. We have a history of just not talking to each other as neighbors as well. It's just an understanding we have. But anyway, I park my car at the top of my driveway, and wait a while. So then it's after nine, and he's still watering. I washed my car just yesterday, and really don't want it getting rained on...but I pull halfway down the driveway...and then I get fed up. I was so annoyed that I spent all damn day washing AND waxing to now deal with this. So...I see him coming outside, and I put the car in reverse, and I guess I didn't wait long enough for it to be engaged before I kinda dropped the throttle. So...my short fuse...led to a sort of semi neutral drop. It wasn't any higher than 3500 when it engaged..but still...it rocked the car and chirped the tires pretty damn good.
So...aside from the fact that I should have just talked to my neighbor like a normal person, how bad was that foolish move for my tranny? Is it a one time thing that really didn't do anything...or could it have had any ill affects? The car has only 2400 miles on it, and this is surely a one time event.

------------------
Red 2002 Z28 A4
Leather, T-Tops
All Stock.
Mods soon - Lid, Exhaust
Old 08-09-2002, 08:56 PM

Cool

LOL, yea I chirp the tires while passing slow drivers all the time. A neutral drop is pretty bad, next time just quickly hit the gas if you really need to peel the tires a little or you could obviously talk to your neighbor but isn't peeling out funner.

------------------
99 Camaro SS Black on black, leather interior A4, T-tops and lots of options.
my old car-(sold to my brother 7-13-02) white 98 V6 A4, leather, t-tops, exhaust and intake mods
Old 08-10-2002, 04:43 AM

Don't sweat it. A friend of my had a 79 lincoln with a 400M in it, he threw it into reverse on the highway on accident one day wouldn't start. Then the next day ran fine. Plus i used to work at a rental car place in highschool and we neutral dropped those chrystlers everyday and they ran fine. just a little ease for you.

------------------
'02 Red Z28, ebony leather, M6, T-tops, Trac. cont., hurst shifter
Borla (the expensive cut-out), Wisperlid W/K&N, FRA, Cags eliminator, Strange 4.10's, G2 Rear Girdle, Valv. Synthetic 10W-30, Redline gear oil, Fat hurst shift ****, Lead foot

Soon to be:
Alpine Screen, Orion xtr 800.4, xtrpro 1000, Kicker 12L7 in a milhouse, Focal polykev K2's, Focal utopia 6" audiom midrange.
Old 08-10-2002, 06:29 AM

Dont worry, thats nothing like if you meant to.

Imagine revving to 5k, and the dropping it, and not letting off...

You're fine dude =)

------------------

-2002 Red Camaro SS
Chesapeake, Virginia
http://www.HeadRushPerformance.Com