LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

magnaflow vs corsa?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 03:26 AM

Question magnaflow vs corsa?

I have a 99 z28 which still has the stock exhaust, I have narrowed it down to magnaflow and corsa but I am stuck in between. To my knowledge these 2 are the best all around in performance gains looks and sounds. Anybody have any opinions?
Old 09-13-2003, 03:42 AM

i have the magnaflow and i thoroughly enjoy it. just waiting to get some lt's to make it louder. it is fairly quiet compared to some others at idle, but from what i have heard from spectators is that it sounds nice at WOT.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:30 AM

I have the Magnaflow catback & it's great. Sounds smooth at idle but screams at WOT. I have FLP LT's & an offroad y-pipe; it's mean & loud.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:04 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm looking into getting this muffler for my car.
http://www.exhaustproslinc.com/magcammuf.html

Will it give me the same type of sound and performance gains you're all talking about and when I start my car, will you be able to tell I've got a muffler? Is the sound noticeable at idle speeds?

Last edited by SFB767; 09-13-2003 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-13-2003, 10:08 AM

I was having much the same debate with myself about 2 years ago, but my choices were Magnaflow, Corsa, and GMMG. I ended up going with the Magnaflow. That being said, all three sound and look great imo. I think that you'll be happy with either one. Good luck!

-Mike
Old 09-13-2003, 10:22 AM

Like I always say Magnaflow isn't really one of the best flowing due to there baffle right inside the inlet. SLP blows the Magnaflow system away.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:27 AM

Originally posted by CODY BEHNKE
Like I always say Magnaflow isn't really one of the best flowing due to there baffle right inside the inlet. SLP blows the Magnaflow system away.
Really? Got any flow numbers to back that up? Everything that I've ever seen, numbers wise, puts Magnaflow mufflers right up there with the best flowing mufflers on the market.

-Mike
Old 09-13-2003, 11:29 AM

i would pick the corsa. is it just me or has exhaust become a daily question for those who refuse to look at other posts?
Old 09-13-2003, 11:51 AM

It's pretty much a common sense thing. Sure they flow good but only when compared to stock or a Flowmaster. The Magnaflow mufflers used for flow tests are the single outlet strait through models not crossflow.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:54 AM

That is b.s. Go on LS1.com, there have been dyno tests done with the Magnaflow catback & a cutout. With the cutout open several cars only dyno'd 2-4rwhp more. Sounds like a restrictive exhaust there! The Maganflow is generally considered on of the best flowing exhausts period. Forget slp, that company is a joke.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:01 PM

Originally posted by CODY BEHNKE
It's pretty much a common sense thing. Sure they flow good but only when compared to stock or a Flowmaster. The Magnaflow mufflers used for flow tests are the single outlet strait through models not crossflow.
I'm not sure that I'm following the common sense thing . Magnaflow mufflers ARE a straight through design... Heck, the company motto is "Wide Open Performance". As SunsetWS6 said, check some other sites. Tests have been done comparing flow numbers from various aftermarket mufflers/systems and Magnaflow certainly doesn't come out near the bottom.

-Mike
Old 09-13-2003, 12:17 PM

You can do some more in depth searching but I found a few threads about the Magnaflow catback. In flow tests the Magnaflow catback was the highest flowing system with a muffler at 1100cfm. The only exhaust to beat it out was the slp loudmouth, but it doesn't have a muffler so it should be.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...ight=magnaflow

In one dyno test a member gained 1rwhp with a 3" cutout over a Magnaflow catback which as you know dyno's are +/- 4-5rwhp so looks like the Magnaflow catback is damn good!

Last edited by SunsetWS6; 09-13-2003 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:34 PM

SLP a joke?

Maybe they changed there design in the last year but they did use to have a baffle right inside the inlet.

Every test is different but all SLP, Ultraflow style mufflers flow about the same.

The only oter reason I dislike the Magna flow system is the tips some of them use
Old 09-13-2003, 01:44 PM

SLP 2 OTL has always dynoed high. I agree about the ugly tips on the Magnaflow. If you want it at cost, go to LS-1.com and look in New Products and Sales from our Great Sponsors!. Then look in Magnaflow Products. What do you guys think about B&B Tri-Flow?
Old 09-13-2003, 02:41 PM

What do you guys think about B&B Tri-Flow?
B&B tri-flow sucks. The sound is ok but gets annoying after a while. If you want power you probably wont gain any from bb and it's expensive.

I think I've decided to go with magnaflow. Thanks guys!

Last edited by mrsneakyz28; 09-13-2003 at 02:44 PM.

Quick Reply: magnaflow vs corsa?