LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

How much power can a full bolt on LS1 make?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How much power can a full bolt on LS1 make?

Ok, lets try to remember we are here to help each other. Let's get back on track here. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Brent94Z
Ok, lets try to remember we are here to help each other. Let's get back on track here. Thanks!
You complete me.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:50 PM

SLP High Flow Airbox Lid W/ K&N Filter
SLP High Flow Bellows
SLP Ported/Polished Throttle body
SLP I.A.T. Sensor

SLP Long Tube Headers
Random Technology High Flow Cats
SLP 3" Y-Pipe
3" Borla Cat-Back

LS1 Edit
Talor Spiro-Pro 10.4 Plug Wires
NGK-R TR55 Plugs
Throttle Body bypass
EGR Mod
Ram-Air mod (cut out under filter)

All worth 336 rwhp/346 RWTQ
Old 09-27-2005, 02:11 PM

not to bust your bubble or anything dude but teke is a supporting member... a supporting member is just a person who pays 12 dollars to have an avatar pretty much.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by 00cls1camaross
not to bust your bubble or anything dude but teke is a supporting member... a supporting member is just a person who pays 12 dollars to have an avatar pretty much.
Thats besides the point I was told along time ago if you can't say anything good then don't.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by rod12
Thats besides the point I was told along time ago if you can't say anything good then don't.
Here's a new one, don't skew a post with numbers that aren't relevent and act like they are. This really doesn't help anyone. In other words, this is, "a half truth makes a whole lie".

Attacking Teke makes you look like the bad one. You're the one that started with insulting names. His post was a valid question.

Ben
Old 09-27-2005, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by 00cls1camaross

awwww i have an avatar but im not a supporting member!!!!!

- cory-
Old 09-28-2005, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by StudyTime
Here's a new one, don't skew a post with numbers that aren't relevent and act like they are. This really doesn't help anyone. In other words, this is, "a half truth makes a whole lie".

Attacking Teke makes you look like the bad one. You're the one that started with insulting names. His post was a valid question.

Ben
Perhaps you should take the time to fully read the maine issue insults are beside the point.Teke could have could me an a hole I don't care as long as he gives a resolution to fix my issue. If you cant offer positive feed back then don’t. I mean seriously at what point in life do we start to act like an adult if your over 18 you should start. Now if you care to offer some advice for my issue thanks if not go find a child to argue with.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:35 AM

Does anyone seriously believe that if I get another dyno for my car it will actually show more than than 328 hp+344 torque at the wheels since I did have a misfire at the time of the 1st dyno? Please I need people with real world experience to advise not just shoot theories.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:55 AM

Does anyone seriously believe that if I get another dyno for my car it will actually show more than than 328 hp+344 torque at the wheels since I did have a misfire at the time of the 1st dyno? Please I need people with real world experience to advise not just shoot theories.
I'm afraid you won't find much "real world" experience. Most people only dyno a car that is running well. I'll not give my theory as you asked to not hear it.

Ben T.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:50 AM

Well I have a MTI transparent lidw/paper filter and a flowmaster CB and FRA for mods and getting 327 HP 335 TQ not bad for 3 mods huh.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:08 PM

Why don't you just get it dyno'ed again?
Old 09-28-2005, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by black02z28
Well I have a MTI transparent lidw/paper filter and a flowmaster CB and FRA for mods and getting 327 HP 335 TQ not bad for 3 mods huh.
I always have to ask since I don't see it in your sig, but you have an M6, right? If so, then the Flowmasters were higher flowing than I thought. My best dyno with a completely stock Z28 was only 294.51 RWHP. If I add another 5% to that (since I'm guessing that you have the M6), then you should have 309.24 RWHP if you had the restrictive factory Z28 exhaust. But you're getting 327 RWHP with the Flowmasters being your only real horsepower mod on the dyno--induction mods only show horsepower gains when you have a high velocity fan blowing against your car during the dyno. Looks like you're getting another 17.76 rwhp with just the Flowmaster catback. I always thought they were one of the more restrictive exhausts in the aftermarket. Did the car have the SLP dual duals when you bought it?
Old 09-28-2005, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by damon_Z
Why don't you just get it dyno'ed again?
I will doubt it will show more than 8 hp gain. Too clear some confusion up the car sounded a little different when there was a misfire it ran fast has hell I could not notice any power lost. So I ran some fuel cleaner then finally got a service engine soon light. So it was clear I couldn’t fix it myself .I took it back to have the 1 freaking spark plug replaced issue fixed same place I had the dyno done they would not offer to do another dyno.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:27 AM

It is an A4 and I did have the high velocity fan blowing the flowmaster will give you a good 7-8 HP.

Quick Reply: How much power can a full bolt on LS1 make?