LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

Got my new exhaust today....

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 02:07 PM

Got my new exhaust today....

Was going to have a system made, but got a really good deal on a LM. Lets just say the sound bites I've heard weren't real accurate. I must be getting old cause it was way to loud, especially in the car. And I've had a blown Roadrunner, 440/6 pack Valient, and 440 Dart, all with 2 chambered Flowmasters. None of those were as annoying as the LM. This is just one white guys opinion. I guess I should have known by the name. Stupid me.

Just had a new system made. 3 inch mandrel bent intermediate pipe into a 4 inch in/out Magnaflow race muffler with 4 inch mandrel bent hideaway tailpipe out the drivers side (like the Mufflex) I love it. Deep and throaty and almost too quiet. Only cost me $330. I can't believe a strait through system could be so quiet. Never did like the looks of exhaust comming strait out the back either, thus the hideaway pipe. I think exhaust should be heard, not seen. Once again this just my opinion. Everybody has their own likes and dislikes.

Had to tell someone, my wife could care less.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:03 PM

Well you could have kept the LM on your car and just have the Resonator Cut out and put either Dynomax Bullet Race Muffler welded in the resonator's place then ya would have had a Dynomouth... Or you could have had the Magnaflow Race muffler put in the place of the resonator and then ya would have had what is known as a Magnamouth exhaust.. Would have been a lot cheaper then the LM... Loudmouth does sound decent but in my opion it is too raspy, but the Dynomouth just sounds cleaner and is not too loud @ idle nice low rumble.. But @ 3K rpms and above, screams...

How loud is your system now @ 3K rpms and above ??
Old 04-29-2003, 04:58 PM

Just curious.......do you just cut and paste that reply? I've seen you post that at least 4 times, and it seems to be word for word.

The reason I didn't do that:

#1 Didn't want to spend more money on a system I wasn't happy with in the first place. All ready spent 275 on the LM. Didn't want to spend another 75-100 bucks (price quoted to me) to add a bullet.

#2 Still would have had tips that came out the back. Stated in my original post I don't like exhaust that exits that way.

#3 Enjoyment per dollar. Would have had 350-375 in a system I wasn't happy with (100%), or sell the LM for 200-250, and spent 330 on the system I wanted in the first place. Including my losses, I would have 375-400 in a system I wanted in the fist place. Worth the extra money to me.

There are other reasons, but these were the first to come to mind.

I understand you like your exhaust, but it's not the only way to go. Everyone has thier likes and dislikes.

It's ok to love your exhaust, just not ok to L-O-V-E your exhaust, if you get what I mean.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Banned

Originally posted by scottmech
Just curious.......do you just cut and paste that reply? I've seen you post that at least 4 times, and it seems to be word for word.

lmao.....actually its kind of a good idea i should do that about auto vs stik post cuz those come up all the time
Old 04-30-2003, 02:11 AM

The reason I didn't do that:

#1 Didn't want to spend more money on a system I wasn't happy with in the first place. All ready spent 275 on the LM. Didn't want to spend another 75-100 bucks (price quoted to me) to add a bullet.

#2 Still would have had tips that came out the back. Stated in my original post I don't like exhaust that exits that way.

#3 Enjoyment per dollar. Would have had 350-375 in a system I wasn't happy with (100%), or sell the LM for 200-250, and spent 330 on the system I wanted in the first place. Including my losses, I would have 375-400 in a system I wanted in the fist place. Worth the extra money to me.

There are other reasons, but these were the first to come to mind.

I understand you like your exhaust, but it's not the only way to go. Everyone has thier likes and dislikes.

It's ok to love your exhaust, just not ok to L-O-V-E your exhaust, if you get what I mean.
Thanks for the tip on Cutting And Pasting, Damn for being a computer Tech, I should have had used that advice.. so speak to Blah..

1. Well to answer your question, I just wrote my opinion to you but Oh Well, cannot please everyone now can I.. But to get back on Topic, for the first part of your question, You need to learn to shop around for exhaust prices because $ 75 - 100 is a rip off to add a bullet or any other Race muffler to a LM system and that is including cutting out the resonator.. Damn that is more then what I paid to get a custom Y-pipe made out back and have a bullet added to my stock I-Pipe...

2. Well to each their own, I would prefer true duals but in Cali, my smog guy would hate me if I had true duals... I am not a big fan of dual exhaust look but I did not want to make my car look like a 2002 V6 Camaro now So I opted to keep the dual exhaust look..

3. Well like again, I am not telling you what to go w/ but I was just saying maybe you could have saved some extra $$$ but then again, it is your opinion... Plus I was not saying to get a bullet, again, you totally D-i-d-n-o-t F-u-l-l-y R-e-a-d M-y P-o-s-t... So STFU, my problem with giving an opinion is like it is meant to be, just information or advice...

I don't know about you but I don't L-o-v-e my exhaust like you do but I enjoy having a nice sounding exhaust system... Come on, I was just suggesting too you but then again, to bash on some other people sounds like you have more money then sense...

This is just my opinion.... One word for you Evolve..

Charlie
Old 04-30-2003, 07:42 AM

yikes...that was harsh

-Mike
Old 04-30-2003, 02:57 PM

Originally posted by iamsparc
yikes...that was harsh

-Mike
Well Mike, if I was harsh, was the simple fact that, all I did was just offer an opinion.. He could have just said, well I did not want it that way, instead of making some of the remarks he did...

Like I say, if someone smacks you in the face, are you going to turn the other cheek, for them to bash the other side in ??? I personally feel that if you want honest opinions, then don't make remarks like what he said because there is always someone that will be harsh so to speak..

Just speaking My Peace,

Charlie
Old 04-30-2003, 03:52 PM

Good God, there he goes about that damn dyno mouth or whatever again. I'm so sick of hearing this clown telling everbody they need a dyno mouth. Some people on this board are so damn annoying there constatly braging about this or that,

I think this guy got a good deal on an exhaust system that he is pleased with,don't try telling him he should have done what you think is best
Old 04-30-2003, 07:13 PM

WhoBetter

Thanks for the support man.

His reply to Mike just shows how defensive he is. Without that reply, I would have construde what Mike said as a compliment to damnall. Oh well......

As for "makeing the remarks" like I did........lets see.......

I could have said.......
"Good God, there he goes about that damn dyno mouth or whatever again. I'm so sick of hearing this clown telling everbody they need a dyno mouth. ........."

Oh wait somebody all ready did.

To damnall

As a matter of fact , I would like some people to think my car is a 2002 v6. I love the look on their face as I blow them away. Gee, that might be the reason I also took off my z28 badges. I don't have to show everyone what I have. They can find out if they want to. All of my cars have been sleepers with the excetion of the blown Roadrunner, and even that had steel rims with dogdish hubcaps. Hell, even my low 13 sec Miata (no laughing please) looked like a stocker, and sounded like one. Suprised a lot of people with that one.

Buy the way, the comment on more money than sense, lets see. Did I build the 2 story addition on my addition on my house because I had more money that sense....I don't think so. Think I saved about 12000-14000 in labor. As a matter of fact, the money I saved bought me this car. Would I have built all of my cars instead of have someone build them for me...I don't think so. The money made on those cars paid for my boat, which I do all my own work on. Hell, if I could get the time off I'd build my own boat. Would I have built the 3 point strut tower brace for my Miata instead of buying one, or be building a stb and sfc's for my car If I had more money than sense? Would I spend 5 hrs trying to fix my wifes computer becuase a computer tech wanted 100/hr to fix it? Don't think so. I work hard for my money and try to spend it in places where I think it will get the best bang for the buck. Don't alwsays work out, but I try. Think I proved my point.

And to your question on how my car sounds at 3000 and above, sounds muscular but doesn't draw attention to it. Just the way I like it.

All I wanted to do was share my enthusiasm for my new exhaust, not be told what I could have done. Had a lead mechanic like that. Would spend 4-5 hrs making an aircraft part (one that he said couldn't be made) then when presented with the part, would say how he would have done it (even thougth he hadn't touched sheet metal tools in 20 years). Used to **** me off big time. Would have been nice if he said "nice job" or congratulations". Guess that may be one reason he's gone and I'm still there. I even taught sheet metal for 2 years.

As I said twice in my original post, everybody has their own likes and dislikes.

So in the words of Forrest Gump, "Thats all I have to say about that...."

Last edited by scottmech; 04-30-2003 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:46 PM

you guys sound like a bunch of girls, I can't believe I am reading drama on a message board about cars...
Old 05-01-2003, 02:01 AM

WhoBetter

Thanks for the support man.

His reply to Mike just shows how defensive he is. Without that reply, I would have construde what Mike said as a compliment to damnall. Oh well......

As for "makeing the remarks" like I did........lets see.......

I could have said.......
"Good God, there he goes about that damn dyno mouth or whatever again. I'm so sick of hearing this clown telling everbody they need a dyno mouth. ........."

Oh wait somebody all ready did.

To damnall

As a matter of fact , I would like some people to think my car is a 2002 v6. I love the look on their face as I blow them away. Gee, that might be the reason I also took off my z28 badges. I don't have to show everyone what I have. They can find out if they want to. All of my cars have been sleepers with the excetion of the blown Roadrunner, and even that had steel rims with dogdish hubcaps. Hell, even my low 13 sec Miata (no laughing please) looked like a stocker, and sounded like one. Suprised a lot of people with that one.

Buy the way, the comment on more money than sense, lets see. Did I build the 2 story addition on my addition on my house because I had more money that sense....I don't think so. Think I saved about 12000-14000 in labor. As a matter of fact, the money I saved bought me this car. Would I have built all of my cars instead of have someone build them for me...I don't think so. The money made on those cars paid for my boat, which I do all my own work on. Hell, if I could get the time off I'd build my own boat. Would I have built the 3 point strut tower brace for my Miata instead of buying one, or be building a stb and sfc's for my car If I had more money than sense? Would I spend 5 hrs trying to fix my wifes computer becuase a computer tech wanted 100/hr to fix it? Don't think so. I work hard for my money and try to spend it in places where I think it will get the best bang for the buck. Don't alwsays work out, but I try. Think I proved my point.

And to your question on how my car sounds at 3000 and above, sounds muscular but doesn't draw attention to it. Just the way I like it.

All I wanted to do was share my enthusiasm for my new exhaust, not be told what I could have done. Had a lead mechanic like that. Would spend 4-5 hrs making an aircraft part (one that he said couldn't be made) then when presented with the part, would say how he would have done it (even thougth he hadn't touched sheet metal tools in 20 years). Used to **** me off big time. Would have been nice if he said "nice job" or congratulations". Guess that may be one reason he's gone and I'm still there. I even taught sheet metal for 2 years.

As I said twice in my original post, everybody has their own likes and dislikes.

So in the words of Forrest Gump, "Thats all I have to say about that...."
Steve
Ok Well I am going to be nice about this but please take into consideration before you even try to find out what my Handle is, make sure ya ask... But I will say sorry if I sounded like I was out of Line... Again in the past I will say if you like it then fine.. I am not trying to say one exhaust is better...

If you like, it then Congrats... Sorry for sounding like an ******* just had a bad day yesterday but that is inexcusible but Sorry again....

As for WhoBetter, if you want to call me a clown, then that is fine, I try to be a clown as much as possible... .. On to the topic, if you think that I am running people down, Hey if ya don't like opinions then don't ask for other people's opinions, again I am not trying to tell people to ditch whatever they like... That is like saying someone bought a SS Camaro and me saying get rid of the car to get a Z28, which I would not do because I do like the SS more then the Z but when I bought my car, I did not see any SS's, Firehawks or WS6s sold... When people ask for an honest opinion I give it, but if people are going to have a problem with opinions, then hey sorry for bothering people untill it becomes like crazyZ28 has said on Drama... Well that is all I am going to say and I will end w/ this note, Sorry if I offended you but I guess I will just keep opinions too myself...