LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

GMMG Or Loudmouth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 02:30 AM

i'd say my pick of the two would be the loudmouth. it really doesn't sound that great unless your wot, but it's price is what makes it good and it has decent tips. the gmmg is nice overally, but i don't think it's better than the corsa for around the same price. as for the dynomouth, it may be cheap, but you have to have a pretty willing and good exhaust shop, not to mention most aren't manderal bent nor are they stainless steel piping so i'd rather go with the slightly more pricey bolt on.
Old 01-26-2003, 03:42 AM

Here's my .2 cents

...I've got the LOUDMOUTH and I like it, alot...I was able to save some money for FLP's which are expensive but the best...IMO ofcourse..as for value, you can't beat the loudmouth, you can get them used for 175.00 or new for 285.00 shipped at www.stealthperf.com, which BTW Mike there has a prototype of this disks he designed to get rid of the drone...and it works, very well...better yet do the dynomouth and even save more money for other mods....but in the end the choice is yours, good luck...
Old 01-26-2003, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by chevy qc
...as for the dynomouth, it may be cheap, but you have to have a pretty willing and good exhaust shop, not to mention most aren't manderal bent nor are they stainless steel piping...
Just to keep the record straight:
The stock exhaust is 2.75" mandrel bent stainless. The Dynomouth mod does not disturb enough stock bends if done correctly to lose the mandrel bends. You do get a non-stainless muffler and one section of non-stainless pipe, but that is minor IMO.
Just keeping it on the level...
Dave
Old 01-26-2003, 11:44 AM

i've seen how the dynomouth set up is done. it's not a terrible systems, but you do get what you pay for with the non-stainless parts. i like the idea and design of it, along with the price, but the loudmouth is hardly an expensive system either. anyone looking into the dynomouth though, i do have an entire cat back from an 02' ss with about 500 miles on it. i'd like to get rid of t his pile of parts.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:51 PM
Banned

i had loudmouth and it was bad A$$ until i got headers then its too loud for my liking....also the loudmouth has its anoyying rasp and its little backfires when its cold.....

i got a borla and im soooooooo happy with it... i would take a borla over anything anyday
Old 01-26-2003, 10:42 PM

What it all comes down to is the type of person you are. Are you the type that wants to be loud and obnoxious (hey thats me and i love it) or are you the type that want to be loud and refined. There is also the money issuse but you can deal with that, Cuz preformance is about the same. I got mine for 310 shipped. Best fit for me is Loud Mouth. I love geting annoyed looks for the ricers. So you decided what fits your personality and go for it.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:06 PM
Banned

ya but once u get headers loudmouth aint so much cool anymore it becomes tooooooooooo loud dont get me wrong i loved it till i got headers.......then got my preety lil borla......hehe
Old 01-27-2003, 08:21 AM

If you have the $$$ GMMG is the only way to GO

Sean
Old 01-27-2003, 09:37 AM

Thumbs up Second That

I will absolutely Second 01pewterz28 last statement. By far is the way to go.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:11 PM

One more Vote for the GMMG. Its all about what you want. The thing is that once you have something installed its going to make or break your cars personality, its sound....perhaps even its soul when you figure that the first thing most people notice about a hotrod is how it sounds before they even see it. Is the GMMG worth $700?...well, how much is your car worth to you? You could buy the LM and end up with a sound that you dont want ( dosnt mean its bad) but to me its worth making this right- particularly with things that truly make a statement about your car which is an extention of you ( it is to me anyway).

I chose to make my own GMMG type setup. Its damned close to the official version in sound but probably not as good for flow since I had to use non mandrel bends for some parts etc, but I decided to try doing it myself first and Im more than satisfied. If it hand't worked though, I would have just saved fro the GMMG and given my gar that tone it needed.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:21 PM

IMO if You have or don't have the money for a GMMG catback I still wouldn't get because why do we have these cars in the first place? We have them to go fast and if you can get basically the same performance out of a LM and still have $350 left over to spend on getting air into these nasty engines of ours then just by the LM.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:26 PM

Loud Mouth = Good price, Sounds good, Nice Tips all for around $300
Old 01-27-2003, 10:43 PM

Not to flame but i have too.

Loudmouth= good price, awful sound, terrible drone, nice tips, and descent flow.

GMMG no make no substitute!
Old 01-27-2003, 11:20 PM
Banned

Enough about what they sound like how about HP numbers?
Old 01-28-2003, 06:15 AM

i think we had a few earlier in the thread, i know speedy picked up 24rwhp with a lid and gmmg (or something like that).
brian

Quick Reply: GMMG Or Loudmouth?