LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

Girls have nice cars too!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 07:50 PM

Well, most of the TA's i see are usualy girl driven here. Most of the time i think, oh she is driving her b/f's car, but the other day i saw a TA at school with a license plate cover that said Daddy's Little Princess, that should do the trick. I know i wouldn't have one on my Z so there you go.

------------------
'02 Red Z28, ebony leather, M6, T-tops, Trac. cont., hurst shifter
Borla (the expensive cut-out), Wisperlid W/K&N, FRA, Cags eliminator, Strange 4.10's, G2 Rear Girdle, Valv. Synthetic 10W-30, Redline gear oil, Fat hurst shift ****, Lead foot

Soon to be:
Alpine Screen, Orion xtr 800.4, xtrpro 1000, Kicker 12L7 in a milhouse, Focal polykev K2's, Focal utopia 6" audiom midrange.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:31 PM

Nice car...wanna race?

I don't necessarily find these items tasteful. Without cost being known:

- custom stickers/emblems
- custom plate frames
- girlish things hanging from the rear-view mirror (I'm not going to elaborate)
- Stuffed animals visible from the outside
- using a special fragrance in the cabin that men wouldn't use
- colored cloth dash carpeting and/or alternate interior colors, lighting.
- Not useful when driving, but if you attend car shows change your wire loom color in the engine bay

$0.02

------------------
1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - Navy Blue Metallic 6-speed
Best 60'/ET/MPH: 1.95/12.33/115.06, before LS6 intake.
SAE DynoJet: 402HP, 378TQ [366/344 before intake].
Power Mods: FTRA, FRA, FRA2, K&N 33-2118, Whisper Lid, Whisper MAF Ends, TB Bypass, LS6 intake manifold, CNC 2.02/1.57 heads, CC 218/226 527/535 112, NGK TR55's @ .050, Grot headers/Y-Pipe/CarSound cats, 3" cutout, Ed Wright tuning, SPEC Stage II clutch.
Other Mods: Bridgestone 265/40/17 Pole Position tires, Enkei Win wheels, Hotchkis PHR/STB/LCA's, Addco 32/21mm F/R sywabars, Powerslot rotors, Hawk Plus brake pads, Stainless brake lines.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:18 PM

I seen a girl in a trans am (what a shocker huh) that had a decal on the back window that siad " BAD *** GIRLS DRIVE BAD *** TOYS" and the GIRLS was in bold and underlined . I ve seen the bad *** boys one before but never the girls, so I thought that was cool, and you now her boyfriend wouldnt have put that on his own car.
Old 08-15-2002, 02:52 AM

Are you hot?LoL jk...Kinda...Well I have a friend and she has a WS6 and the plate frame says "caution driver applying makeup"
Man I love chicks who actually really like cars not just cause I want them too...Take it easy...E-Mail me
Brad

------------------
97 LT1 6spd TA Silver

98 LS1 6spd TA...Mystic teal
Mods-
Moser 12-bolt 33spline axles, larger wheels studs, Auburn Posi, and 3.73s
Kenny Brown Double Diamonds
Global West Lower Control Arms
Global West Panhard rod
McLeod Twin Disk Cluth w/ Adjustable Master Cylinder
Flowmaster Muffler
Cutout

92 CAMARO Z28 HERITAGE PACKAGE- T56 TRANS, CAM, COMPUTER, FRESH PAINT (RED WITH BLACK STRIPES)FOR SALE!!!
Old 08-15-2002, 11:23 AM

YOU COULD ALWAYS GO WITH THE INFAMOUS "YIELD TO THE PRINCESS" PLATE. IM RIGHT ACROSS ALLIGATOR ALLY FROM YOU. COME OVER THIS WAY AT ALL?

DOUG
Old 08-15-2002, 03:42 PM

Talking

I wish I knew more girls like you,

I've seen a few girls here with TransAMs but it's been girls who's daddys where nice enough to buy them brand new F-Bodies fully loaded. Well anyway, most the girls I have seen around campus here put some steering wheel cover on, Zebra one or somthing which I think are ugly heh.

------------------
-Steve
2001 Z28
Rally Red, Leather, T-Tops, A4 w/Performance Axel, K&N Filter
Old 08-15-2002, 05:02 PM

How about you just get a Roxy windshield sticker and put it on the rear window?
I see girls in Explorers with those all the time. It makes it easy for me to tell its a teen girl and not a family.

[This message has been edited by Burmite (edited August 15, 2002).]
Old 08-15-2002, 05:21 PM

Cool

Just make to where you like and then drive with the windows rolled down so everyone sees who's behind the wheel The sexiest thing I have ever seen was on the way home the other day.There was this woman bending over the hood of her car with grease up to her elbows.She was wearing a halter top and shorts Too bad she was working on a 5.0 Mustang .I was like WOW,why can't I meat a woman like that
Kevin

------------------
1998 Black Z28 A4
-------1/8-------
8.584 @ 83.64 MPH
Pics
Camaro/Firebird Birthday Bash
Old 08-16-2002, 02:09 AM

Well I guess i should add to it, my g/f has a 96 GT convertable, with 2 chamber flows and some cobra-r's (wonder where she got the idea for those ), and she has a few butterflies on it, definately looks girly, again i don't think i would see butterfly's on a man's car unless he was confused or just plain flaming.

------------------
'02 Red Z28, ebony leather, M6, T-tops, Trac. cont., hurst shifter
Borla (the expensive cut-out), Wisperlid W/K&N, FRA, Cags eliminator, Strange 4.10's, G2 Rear Girdle, Valv. Synthetic 10W-30, Redline gear oil, Fat hurst shift ****, Lead foot

Soon to be:
Alpine Screen, Orion xtr 800.4, xtrpro 1000, Kicker 12L7 in a milhouse, Focal polykev K2's, Focal utopia 6" audiom midrange.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:09 AM

I think that i have a girly car just cause of the color, but i wouldnt do much to make it too obvious its a girls car. Its so much better when the guy doesnt realize until after you beat him its girl that just schooled him.

------------------
2002 Z28 m6 monterey maroon
hurst short throw shifter, K&N filter,3" spintech cat back exhaust, !CAGS, hotchkis stb & sfc
Old 08-16-2002, 07:21 PM
LT1LUVR

Racechick,
Nice post. Here is some advice. Who cares? My wife drives a 2002 35th Ann. SS. It is one of our 2 F-bodies. I am sure people might think that it is my car rather than hers. But on the street they will know it is hers when she floors it, powershifts to 2nd to smoke em' and all they see is her vanity plate which reads PONYH8R. If that is what you like who cares what others think?

Keep Roasting.

P.S. I have noticed that a lot of girls are into rice. Thank you for loving hot rods.

Old 08-17-2002, 01:08 PM

Wink

All of the posts are good. The best idea for me would probably be the vanity plate. I dont know why but I feel that with a sticker I am turning the car very high school-ish. As for the guys that want to race I'll be in Miami.

[This message has been edited by racechick (edited August 17, 2002).]
Old 08-17-2002, 11:05 PM

Paint the targa band body color (oops-- black car, already is), remove the SS badging, go to a non-SS hood and spoiler, swap ovet to the SLP "Two on the Left" exhaust, and put 16" painted wheels on the car. Make it look like a V-6 car-- most of the V-6 Camaros I've seen driven in TX are chick cars! LOL-- just kidding. Enjoy your car and smoke some dudes with it!

Dave

------------------
Dave "Vegatex" English
<'02 Sebring Silver/Ebony Leather Z-28 A4; T-tops, 3.23 gears, ASR.
Mods: Spectacle SFC's/STB, FIPK, de-screened MAF, red calipers, leather shift boot.
96 LT1-powered '76 Vega Wagon, Howell Engine Developments Computer and Harness, Sanderson CC-13HO headers, Be Cool aluminum rad w/dual 11" SPALS, custom cold air induction, 700r4, Modified 7.5" 10 bolt w/Torsen rear diff, 28-spline Moser Custom Alloy axles, 3.42 rear, '98 Camaro rear disks, cross-drilled and slotted S-10 front disks. 2800 pounds of fuel-injected Whoop-***!>
http://h-body.org/people/projects/building_lt1/index.html
Old 08-20-2002, 08:46 PM

Cool

Better late than never, just saw this post. I have a 2001 Red SS and love it. Yeah, I want to do exhaust and a few other things when I can but the car is MINE and I don't worry about who knows it or not. One other girl mentioned that her neighbors think she is strange when she's out working on her car, I get the same from our neighbors. I've been out there for a couple days now claying it, polishing, etc., and one male dude wandered over and asked me what the heck a clay bar is for, made me laugh on the inside. I just love my car, if they can't understand or accept that, too bad!

One little perk of having this wow! car is that I can hang out with the guys who REALLY know cars and learn tons of good info about them. The cars, I mean. They are all really impressed that I, a mere female, drive a car like this!??! Kinda fun to put them in their place on occasion. No offense, guys, most of you are with the program. . .

If you truly love your car you don't need to worry that people might think it's your boyfriend's car, it will just show that it's yours. . . ENJOY

BTW, we also own a 2001 Red Corvette and for some strange reason guys tend to think the 'Vette is mine and the SS is my hubby's. Why is that??? It sort of pisses him off, hehe......

------------------
Rox

2001 Bright Rally Red SS Zaino-happy and would really like a Corsa sometime in this cosmic millennium
Old 08-21-2002, 04:53 PM

There's a girl in town here that drives a Red T/A WS6. It's pretty obvious because she has a huge, red Playboy bunny on the back window. She's pretty hot too! But anyway.......

------------------
'00 Firebird Formula WS6 (Pewter)
K&N air filter
Granatelli MAF
MTI high flow air intake (clear)
Jet Chip stage II
MAC midlength headers w/ OR y-pipe
Flowmaster muffler
ASP underdrive pulley
BMR shock tower brace

Quick Reply: Girls have nice cars too!