LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

Dynomouth exhaust

Old 03-26-2003, 08:23 PM

Dynomouth exhaust

Basically I just need peoples opinions about the exhaust. If you went with it, why so? If not, what dont you like about it. What kind of tips did you get with the exhaust? I just dont want to pick the wrong exhaust, and i was told its the best sounding cheap exhaust. Thanks to all
Old 03-27-2003, 01:50 AM

Re: Dynomouth exhaust

Originally posted by allnet777
Basically I just need peoples opinions about the exhaust. If you went with it, why so? If not, what dont you like about it. What kind of tips did you get with the exhaust? I just dont want to pick the wrong exhaust, and i was told its the best sounding cheap exhaust. Thanks to all
Well I went with the Dynmouth Mod for a couple of reasons, at first I was going to go w/ a Loudmouth but when I heard a 2000 WS6 w/ LM in person, I liked how it sounded but it was too raspy, so I just kept looking into different exhaust mods and listened to soundclips.. Then I was thinking about either GMMG, Corsa or Magnaflow, but what I was looking for was something that was going to flow extremely well.. Then I ran across ratio411's website and listened to the soundclips that he has on his site and I was hooked.. Then I e-mailed ratio411 asking him about the DM and what he responded was what made my decision..

I will tell you this, if you like a deep throaty rumble, that does not have any rasp @ idle, then DM is very pleasing. Now if you want a great sounding scream like a racecar sound @ 3K rpms and above, then DM is pleasing.. My only real complaint about the DM, is the fact that you can hear it in your car while getting on the gas pedal, and cruising down the Freeway, it took me a few days to get used to the loudness inside the car, plus the stereo's auto loudness setting drowns it out as well..

So I decided to go and order some tips and Dynomax Bullet Race Muffler (24219) since I wanted a mellower sound.. I also chose Edelbrock's Flat Oval Tips, which at first I think I was not going to like them after I actually saw them in person but since seeing them on my car, they make the car look different compared to most stock Z's... They actually remind me of the tips that are used on Formulas and T/As..

If I had to do it over again, I would actually get the Dynomouth again since the power gain is very noticeable, since my car is an A4 w/ 2.73 gears, in order for my car to break the rear tires loose would be to put the tranny in 1st gear and then it would burn tires w/ stock muffler, now w/ DM exhaust, leave it in O/D and Floor it, my car will burn tires untill I let off.. If I take off easy before the tranny has shifted out of 1st gear and floor it, my car will chirp from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to Drive... Plus I did notice a 3 - 5 mpg increase in gas mileage... So if you are still skeptical, you can hear it in person and then make your decision.. All I can actually say is when/if you do decide to go w/ the Dynmouth exhaust mod, you will be very happy... Where are you located ?? If you are close to where I live, you can hear how my car sounds and then decide...
Old 03-29-2003, 06:21 PM

Dynomouth has an awesome sound....not too loud, but you know the car has it and others will too. I've had a few cam owners in my car and that is one of the things they love about the my car...is the sound. I had flowmaster on the before, but didn't like the sound it had on and LS1. It sounds' better on my twin'z lt1 and my explorer. How much performance it give I don't know, but from what I hear from others it does the job.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:27 AM

I have the Dynomouth also. I love the sound. Mellow rumble at idle and scream at WOT. I had the GMMG before, and it had alot more cabin resonance then the Dynomouth. I still have the GMMG tips though. Check out my website for some pics.
Old 03-31-2003, 01:37 AM

Dark Angel, which Bullet did you go w/ (18" or 12") ?? Plus one reason I went w/ dynomouth was the soundclip/vid showing your car do doughnuts on Dave(ratio411)'s site..

So the GMMG had more interior resonance then DM ?? Sheesh, I thought my car w/ DM was louder inside the car then it was when stock but now, I am used to it.. But I have to agree with you that it is sweet sounding @ idle and really screams @ WOT...

l@tez,

charlie