LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

damit i got 2 tickets today

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 08:13 PM

Angry damit i got 2 tickets today

well on my way home from the store this police officer pulled me over and he gave me 2 tickets. 1 for not having a front license plate and second for having window tinting om my car. I was pissed because i have my license plate on top of my pass side dash and he still gave me a ticket i told him that my car didn't come with a license plate holder he still gave me a ticket which wasn't fair. Also my window tint which is a very light tint he told me to rip off the tint right now if not he will give me a ticket, which is bull becuase if u ripp off dry tint it will smear up and sometimes stain the window and its a pain in the *** to remove..so i chose not ot remove it, well this officer gave me 2 tickets which i think in my mind is totally unfair..he should of gave me a warning and he shouldn't of given me a ticket because i didn't have my license plate on my car, which in fact i had on the pass side dash which was visible to see... i plan to go to court because i dont think it is fair... has anyone gone to court with a similar problem like this if so what are my chances to win..any suggestions? this will be my first time in court.
Old 06-22-2002, 08:34 PM

I live in Schaumburg, and the pigs here are complete d|cks. I have been pulled over three times for not having a front liscense plate, and once for tints. I have also been pulled over for, get this: "excessive exaust noise" (I have loudmouth and a cut out). I fought all of them, and lost all of them. You may have chance with the plates, but with the tints, don't count on it. Good Luck.

------------------
1998 Camaro Z28|M6|lid|Loudmouth|

1995 BMW 328i (winter car, hand me down from parents)| 5-speed
Old 06-22-2002, 10:40 PM

Dont waste your time going to court, just write a letter like this:

Dear Judge
I was pulled over by Officer------- for my window tint and license plate. My car did not come with a front plate holder and I currently have a front plate holder on order with the dealer.
As far as my window tint, Officer ------- did not use nor have access to a light meter that would have shown that my window tint was in fact within the legal limits of the State of -----------. Had he used a light meter, he would have seen that this was an unwarranted citation.
I hope you can reduce these violations to a warning and I will place my plate on the front of my vehicle as soon as I receive the mounting bracket from the dealer.

Try that. As a point, dont write in your letter how much of a ******** this cop was or what an A-hole he was being or anything like that. Just keep things polite
Old 06-22-2002, 10:53 PM

Are your windows tinted darker than your legal limit? There is a spot for your LP on your car. Putting it in the dash does not work, it has to be mounted in the front. I know some people who put it on the air dam on their f-body, and the police said that still is not good enough. If it is not mounted in the front, they can give you a ticket. I keep a torx screwdriver with me in case I get pulled over and can take the LP cover off if the officer will let me. Fortunatelly I have not had to deal with this yet.

------------------
'02 Formula M6
Tri Flo Exhaust, B&M Shifter, Whisper Lid, !CAGS, FRA
My old 97 Formula

"I'm not speeding, I'm qualifying."
Old 06-22-2002, 11:58 PM

i never knew that u can write a letter to the judge..i was thinking of writing a letter to the head officer of the police department..i wonder if that might work
Old 06-23-2002, 01:41 AM
Banned

i got like 8 warning for not havin a front plate and 3 for having tinted windows imn il i dont think we could have any tint on the driver and passenger side front

also 1 night a ******** darien policegave me a ticket for tinted windows no front plate and having the dvd player on when idrive

what a fkr he said he could have given me one for having an aftermarket exhaust

their just fkrs

------------------
Ran 13.398 with shi*ty stock bald tires havn't run with the nittos yet.
AOL SN: stik6shift98
1998 Camaro Z-28
Old 06-23-2002, 05:43 AM

How the hell are you suppose to just 'peel' window tint off right then and there? I thought u need special tools and chemicals for that...

------------------
Arctic White 1998 Z28 Camaro LS1 A4 3.42s
Lid, Exhaust, Gears/HPP3.
5% tint, black outs, BowTie Grill

301.3rwhp
311.0torque

[This message has been edited by KamaroL98 (edited June 23, 2002).]
Old 06-23-2002, 10:17 AM

Unless you have documentation that you purchased your vehicle within a reasonable time frame prior to the stop (within weeks) and had a license plate frame on order at the time of the stop, you will lose on this ticket, and writing a letter to the judge will just get you writer's cramp.

As for the tint - If it is not stock tint that is installed from the factory, it is the owner's responsibility to attain and present a certificate of light transference that documents you are below the legal limit. This legal limit varies from state to state, but generally if an officer believes it is even close to too dark -- it is. The burden lies with you as operator to prove him wrong, again by having the certificate dated prior to the stop. If you do not, save yourself the hassle and pay the fines. Neither offense can be "dropped down" like a speeding ticket can from one tier to another, so it is all or nothing.

Or you can just go to court and hope the officer doesn't show up - about your only chance of not paying these fines.

Good luck!
Jack

[This message has been edited by avO-3voM (edited June 23, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by avO-3voM (edited June 23, 2002).]
Old 06-23-2002, 10:26 AM

You will find instructions for a written contestation on the back of the citation. As far as just giving up and paying, thats not a wise option. What do you have to loose? A stamp? Give it a try. A judge will not go through the trouble to request that you have all the "current" purchase date paper work and invoices sent in. They have more pressing things to worry about. Its a 50/50 chance. Go for it.
Old 06-23-2002, 11:24 AM

"A judge will not go through the trouble to request that you have all the "current" purchase date paper work and invoices sent in."

I couldn't agree more. He will ask for your proof you weren't in violation, you will say "I don't have any sir" and he will say "Guilty, pay the fines at the clerk's window." and move on to his "more pressing things to worry about"... lol. It's not the judge's responsibility Jon, it is his...

I really don't understand people that knowingly break the law and then don't want to pay the price. Then we have 50% of the "support network" here telling them it's BS they got a ticket and to fight it tooth and nail.. all the while knowing full well the ticket is warrented.

God Bless America.
Old 06-23-2002, 02:14 PM

Hey,

Yeah, law enforcement isn't obvlivious as what you might think. You and he both knew a front liscence plate was illegal, and your windows are most likely beyond the legal limit (again, you both know this). Fighting it will only provoke them more. You altered your car, took a risk, and got caught; now you have to face the consequences.

Kevin
Old 06-23-2002, 02:20 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by zo6vette:
well on my way home from the store this police officer pulled me over and he gave me 2 tickets. 1 for not having a front license plate and second for having window tinting om my car. I was pissed because i have my license plate on top of my pass side dash and he still gave me a ticket i told him that my car didn't come with a license plate holder he still gave me a ticket which wasn't fair. Also my window tint which is a very light tint he told me to rip off the tint right now if not he will give me a ticket, which is bull becuase if u ripp off dry tint it will smear up and sometimes stain the window and its a pain in the *** to remove..so i chose not ot remove it, well this officer gave me 2 tickets which i think in my mind is totally unfair..he should of gave me a warning and he shouldn't of given me a ticket because i didn't have my license plate on my car, which in fact i had on the pass side dash which was visible to see... i plan to go to court because i dont think it is fair... has anyone gone to court with a similar problem like this if so what are my chances to win..any suggestions? this will be my first time in court.</font>
No flame intended, but why did u post this in the lounge and in here?

Old 06-23-2002, 09:04 PM

moving to lounge and out of tech

------------------
DaveD
The Phantom of CamaroZ28.com
1998 WS6 #207
1998 Regal GS
"Snoogens"

Http://PhantomTA.cz28.com

I am a proud supporter of.... "Boycott Lapeer Dragway"...
Old 11-05-2002, 08:14 PM

I live in Park Ridge, just outside of Chicago. Boy the cops here are real Fkrs. They have a problem with everything. I got a ticket for going One over.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:49 PM

Question Really?????????

Originally posted by PhantomTA
moving to lounge and out of tech

------------------
DaveD
The Phantom of CamaroZ28.com
1998 WS6 #207
1998 Regal GS
"Snoogens"

Http://PhantomTA.cz28.com

I am a proud supporter of.... "Boycott Lapeer Dragway"...
Uh, is that the lounge where only LS1 Tech guys hang out??

While this is here (still ), I have to agree with some of the guys saying that you should have known better, and while you can try to fight it (since you've got 50/50 chance of having it dropped), you can't honestly believe that the charge is ...........unless cars in Illinois are different, cars here already do come with a license plate bracket.

Quick Reply: damit i got 2 tickets today