LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

Anyone here used a PF46E ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 11:40 AM

Thumbs down Anyone here used a PF46E ?

Color me not impressed !

I did not realize that what I had put on last oil change was the E - what I did realize was that my oil pressure had been low - like, not even hitting 40 psi on a cold start with temps in the mid 30's.

I was using Castrol 5W 30 synthetic oil.

Changed it Friday night to Valvoline 10W30 synthetic with a PF46 - night & day.

45 psi cold starts, 60 psi when revved cold, and hot idle ( relative term as it has been in the mid to high 70's this weekend, but I was running the A/C ) no lower than 30 - 35 psi.

Maybe my situation was a fluke or a mis-packaged filter, but I will run a Purolator or some other brand before I put one another PF46E.

As the title states - anyone else used one, or had similar issues ?

Britt
Old 02-24-2014, 07:47 PM

Re: Anyone here used a PF46E ?

Originally Posted by NEWBIE T/A
Color me not impressed !

I did not realize that what I had put on last oil change was the E - what I did realize was that my oil pressure had been low - like, not even hitting 40 psi on a cold start with temps in the mid 30's.

I was using Castrol 5W 30 synthetic oil.

Changed it Friday night to Valvoline 10W30 synthetic with a PF46 - night & day.

45 psi cold starts, 60 psi when revved cold, and hot idle ( relative term as it has been in the mid to high 70's this weekend, but I was running the A/C ) no lower than 30 - 35 psi.

Maybe my situation was a fluke or a mis-packaged filter, but I will run a Purolator or some other brand before I put one another PF46E.

As the title states - anyone else used one, or had similar issues ?

Britt
Didn't even know they made an "E". I bought a case of the regular ones a decade ago and I am still using them up.

-Geoff