General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Wanted: In-car video of ls1 with cutout on stock manifolds.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 10:29 PM

Wanted: In-car video of ls1 with cutout on stock manifolds.

I have been looking everywhere for a video or sound clip taken from inside an ls1 with an open cutout on stock manifolds. Anyone know of one? That would make my day. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:21 PM

Re: Wanted: In-car video of ls1 with cutout on stock manifolds.

Have you checked www.ls1sounds.com?

Don't have video or sound clip, but I can tell you from experience that it is LOUD when you get on it.

Depending on your gearing, it might be bearable at certain cruising speeds. Just like w/my 2.73's.

Even though it sounds pretty badass , I don't drive open too often, though... The drone gets kind of annoying after a while.

TS
Old 09-01-2004, 11:28 PM

Re: Wanted: In-car video of ls1 with cutout on stock manifolds.

Originally Posted by 95GRNZ
Have you checked www.ls1sounds.com?

Don't have video or sound clip, but I can tell you from experience that it is LOUD when you get on it.

Depending on your gearing, it might be bearable at certain cruising speeds. Just like w/my 2.73's.

Even though it sounds pretty badass , I don't drive open too often, though... The drone gets kind of annoying after a while.

TS
Ya I know about ls1 sounds. Hey I have 2.73's also. Where do you get drone? Also How much louder at idle and low rpms is it than stock. I cant get a good feeling for it from ls1 sounds.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:58 PM

Smile Re: Wanted: In-car video of ls1 with cutout on stock manifolds.

On the highway with light gas and below 70mph I can barely hear it, but anything over 70 starts to get annoying in the long run. During acceleration you'll, of course, always hear it, but that doesn't bother me.

At idle, I don't there is too much of a difference with it open or closed (I have a Flowmaster muffler, though, so it is always a bit louder than stock while closed). Unless I'm outside, of course. But the second you touch the gas pedal, you'll definetely hear it.

My suggestion would be to get the cutout and an electric plate for it, so you can open and close in just a few seconds when ever you feel like it and don't have to reach underneath the car every time. McCord is next on my list.