General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Walbro filter sock...A.S.A.P!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 11:11 AM

Angry Walbro filter sock...A.S.A.P!!

Too make a long story short....I ordered a walbro 255 intank "kit" from a supporting vendor(not racetronix which was my first mistake). When I received it I had my car tore apart, because most of the mods in my sig are ones I was doing at the same time(trans, gear, suspension)....

Anyways I put the fuel pump in the tank and put the tank in the car..before I put the rear end back in I wanted to test it, it was D.O.A!! I even wired it to 12V directly to make sure something funny wasn't happening. Then I took it back out of the tank and tested it again(with the bottom submerged in gas ofcourse). Still nothing. I contacted the company(which will remain nameless) and they told me to send the bad one back and they would replace it, which they did within 4 days which I was pleased with........

ANYWAYS.....the replacement didn't have the fuel filter sock with it Does anyone know where I can get a fuel filter sock for a walbro pump(no fuel bucket) in a hurry????

My car is sitting 3 feet in the air, rear-end and tank still on the garage floor and another weekend is passing me by.......I'm gonna get it back on the road just in time to put it away for the winter....

I guess I didn't really make a long story short, sorry
Old 10-02-2004, 01:25 PM

Re: Walbro filter sock...A.S.A.P!!

Thunder Racing should have some in stock.
What is the part # for the pump you have?
Old 10-03-2004, 10:24 PM

Re: Walbro filter sock...A.S.A.P!!

Originally Posted by Racetronix

Thunder Racing should have some in stock.
What is the part # for the pump you have?
I believe it is gss340. I received a reply from the original vendor and they will send me a new one....I just hope it gets here quick because I really want to get my car running soon!!!