General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

tornado on TV again

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 11:04 PM
jtk

tornado on TV again

I dont know if its a new commercial or not. this time they put a impalla SS on the dyno, with out the tornado it dynoed 200 HP to the wheels, than they put the tornado in the intake boot and all of a suden it's making over 30hp more at the wheels! what a bunch of bull!!
Its funny how people can sell such crap, make it seem like a miracle product, and even get people to endorse such rip off products.
I have concluded that just about everything sold on TV is total crap
slick 50, duralube, ect
Old 07-02-2004, 11:35 PM

From my understanding talking to people about the tornado... It works well with carbs.... But not fuel injected...

Oh, by the way, I have some beach front property for sale in Arizona if your interested, or maybe you want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge...
Old 07-03-2004, 12:53 AM

I would have thought by now people would have suid or something. I can't beleave that things still around. But maybe people are buying it mostly for carbs now.
Old 07-03-2004, 01:14 AM
jtk

I dont know, I had one on a carbed vehicle once and it slowed down .2 seconds
Old 07-03-2004, 02:35 AM

How could it slow down? It lightened your wallet so you should have gone faster.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:28 PM

Originally posted by 97WS6SCharged
How could it slow down? It lightened your wallet so you should have gone faster.
Now thats a good comeback.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:05 PM

ummm that wasnt a dyno.. that was some rollers in the ground with a big round weight scale.. Some guy in the back ground saying "Yeah ok now put another 40 lbs on the scale." "Ok take 2, action!"
definate bull****.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:07 PM

I posted a challenge on this board a long time ago for any vendors of the Tornado to give one up for testing on a REAL dyno. Some guy sent me an email a few days later and mailed one to me for free.

I didn't see ANY gains on the dyno with it on/off. So I left it on the car for a month or so to monitor my fuel mileage, since they also claim better fuel economy. Didn't get anything there either.

I remember back when I posted the thread, Brent Franker said he knew some guys that built high-dollar drag engines or something like that and they tested the Tornado as well on their flow bench. By itself, the Tornado performed well. But as soon as they put it on top of a carburetor it didn't give them anything. They were suspecting that the butterflies in the carbs were negating any swirl effect that the Tornado was giving.