General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

TIPS MAKE HUGE DIFFERENCE in exhaust sound

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 09:34 AM

TIPS MAKE HUGE DIFFERENCE in exhaust sound

Well i finally got tired of my premium GMMG tips so i decided to put my Corsa Premium Tips on After i took the tips off the car sounded very raspy and i heard all kinds of weird noises inside the car. After we put the Corsa tips on, car sounds absolutly amazing, it is smooth sound, no raspines at all as before with the gmmg tips. I could never imagine tips making such a huge difference. Also the tips made the car a lot quiter inside esp when i get on it. The sound is very smooth. Ill try to post a video today. It almost sounds like a nice running 5.0 from the inside. I love it.
Marcin
Old 12-02-2005, 09:47 AM

Re: TIPS MAKE HUGE DIFFERENCE in exhaust sound

I've always thought the exact opposite. Maybe I should change my stock tips to something else?
Old 12-02-2005, 10:37 AM

i will post 2 videos, one is with gmmg premium tips and one wil be with corsa permium tips. You wont believe it how big of a difference there will be.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by xxsaint69x
i will post 2 videos, one is with gmmg premium tips and one wil be with corsa permium tips. You wont believe it how big of a difference there will be.
That's why I always think it's stupid when people ask to hear a specific camshaft sound clip.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Paul87
I've always thought the exact opposite.
ditto.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by xxsaint69x
Well i finally got tired of my premium GMMG tips so i decided to put my Corsa Premium Tips on After i took the tips off the car sounded very raspy and i heard all kinds of weird noises inside the car. After we put the Corsa tips on, car sounds absolutly amazing, it is smooth sound, no raspines at all as before with the gmmg tips. I could never imagine tips making such a huge difference. Also the tips made the car a lot quiter inside esp when i get on it. The sound is very smooth. Ill try to post a video today. It almost sounds like a nice running 5.0 from the inside. I love it.
Marcin
This is very true, i have known this for some time. I never thought it would but i learned very quickly with a few different cars. I was actually pretty amazed once I noticed this myself and kept it to myself until the owner of an exhaust shop mentioned that to me when putting a exhaust on my truck. I think the tips that I saw the most noted change in tone and sound are those tips that go from like 2 1/2" to 4" that are only about 6-7" long and have a rolled lip. (Ricer tips) We put a set of those on my truck just to see what it sounded like, it was much louder and raspy and poppy.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:57 PM

i had one of the foot long 3 inch wide resonating tips on my nissan with a high flow cat and a flowmaster 50 series.... it sounded like a 5.0 until 4500rpms. then i switched it too a tip off of a murauder (sp?) and it changed the sound to an old carbed mustang sound... either way i liked it.... i wonder what it would sound like if i put my borla tip on my truck....

but def post up the videos i would lke to hear the difference
Old 12-02-2005, 01:09 PM

Marcin, wanna hand over the GMMG tips? Thanks, I appreciate it!
Old 12-02-2005, 02:17 PM

already sold em for 100 bucks
Old 12-02-2005, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by LT4POWR
That's why I always think it's stupid when people ask to hear a specific camshaft sound clip.
Most the time people are wanting to hear the lope, not what the exhaust sounds like. Atleast that is what I want to hear, I already have a nice exhaust so sound does not matter to me.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:30 PM

Sounds like too much money to me....
My tips (turndowns) plus all piping and 2x40s was probably less than those tips cost....
Oh and it sounds like a 5.0, with flows and dumps.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:08 PM

Explain to me why you would want your car to sound like a 5.0 or are comparing it to a 5.0? I know they sound pretty good, but I don't want mine to sound that way. IMO stock doesn't sound too bad (maybe I'm too old). If you want it to sound like a 5.0, just buy one.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:13 PM

wow, you guys are taking this post way too far lol...one guy thinks i am trying to say everyone should buy corsa tips, next guy is asking me why i want my car to sound like a 5.0

i simply posted that the tips made a big difference in the way my car sounds, and to give u an idea what it sounded like i said it might be compared to a nice sounding 5.0.

anyway continue on lol.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:26 PM

chill out guys. He just wanted to post in how HIS car sounds better with different tips. Im pretty sure he doesn't own the Corsa company and he doesnt want a 5.0 either.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:20 PM

when I added my dual outlet tips I noticed a big difference too.

Quick Reply: TIPS MAKE HUGE DIFFERENCE in exhaust sound