General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

So my buddys little brother is talkin smack

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 07:01 PM

So my buddys little brother is talkin smack

He wants to race me this Saturday. He drives one of those SRT-4 Neons. I dont know if its stock or has a bigger turbo.. What do you guys think? My car runs low 13's at the track. 1.8 60 footers,

He's talking all kinds of smack, like he's taken many camaros, and this wont be the first he killed.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:15 PM

Re: So my buddys little brother is talkin smack

Does he know what you run at the track?
Old 07-12-2006, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by LtsRace
He wants to race me this Saturday. He drives one of those SRT-4 Neons. I dont know if its stock or has a bigger turbo.. What do you guys think? My car runs low 13's at the track. 1.8 60 footers,

He's talking all kinds of smack, like he's taken many camaros, and this wont be the first he killed.
You're in Ocala? See if he's so sure about smoking a Camaro I go down to SR200 from time to time, I definately wouldn't mind making a trip down there.

It honestly depends on what is done to the SRT-4. If you're running low 13s with a 1.8 60' -- I'd say your best bet is to run him from a dig, 1/4 Mile. If he's got any driving skill he still won't be able to cut any better than a 2.2 or 2.4 60'. He will probably be trapping higher than you, so stay away from a roll.

Tell him to keep his bakery racing to himself, run heads up from a dig and show him whats up.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
Does he know what you run at the track?
He does not know what I run at the track..
Old 07-12-2006, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by WhyHelloOfficer
You're in Ocala? See if he's so sure about smoking a Camaro I go down to SR200 from time to time, I definately wouldn't mind making a trip down there.

It honestly depends on what is done to the SRT-4. If you're running low 13s with a 1.8 60' -- I'd say your best bet is to run him from a dig, 1/4 Mile. If he's got any driving skill he still won't be able to cut any better than a 2.2 or 2.4 60'. He will probably be trapping higher than you, so stay away from a roll.

Tell him to keep his bakery racing to himself, run heads up from a dig and show him whats up.
Yup, Im in Ocala. But dont really ever go hang out on 200. I kinda find it funny how all those people (mostly kids) act likes asses out there, so I stay away.
And then theres the Mustang guys that sit across the street with banners on their cars that say "Stangs of Ocala" LOL
Anyways, if you want to watch the race, your welcome to, I just hope I kill him so I can run the smack back on his A$$!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by LtsRace
He does not know what I run at the track..
Meh, who knows who will win. These little cars these days pack a punch and with a few mods can be peppy. Doesnt matter if he wins or loses. At the end of the day he is still driving a Neon on steroids.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:57 AM

reguardless who wins, just tell him he drives one of the ugliest, most obnoxious sounding cars on the road. But im sure you shouldnt have a problem beating his @ss anyways.

video tape it to prove it.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:13 AM

lot of if's in this- i say make it a friendly race and video tape it, then you'll know.

however be careful ive seen some pretty nasty SRT-4, even seen one hitting 11's at my track.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:29 AM

video tape it and post the vid. i deff wanna see this race
Old 07-13-2006, 02:47 AM

They never hook so you'll probably win.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:09 AM

I played with one on the highway from about ~70 - ~110 or so (that was last year, so my memory is foggy on the speeds) and it was actually sorta "close" between our two cars. Just for the record (and no I'm not -ing) I didn't lose, AND I had a couple a dead-weights in the car with me, but ANYWAY, I was surprised that the guy ran as close as he did. At one point I let him jump to see if he could pull away, but I was easily able to play "catch up". If I hit it, I could pull away without question, but it was not by leaps and bounds by any means (I think I could put space on my buddy's LT1 quicker than the SRT-4? ).

Anyway, race the guy and see what happens. Like the others are saying, you've probably got the best odds from a dig ... he could surprise you from a roll.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:34 AM

Good luck with the race. Definitely don't do it from a roll.

Capn Pete, I must say that you use more smileys than anyone else I've ever seen post.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:37 AM

Yep, I've had one keep right with me on a roll going down the freeway at about a 50mph punch in my '99 LS1 completely stock TA. Neither one of us were pulling away from the other one, pretty much dead even up to about 105mph then we got out. The SRT definitely had a bigger turbo, thats all you could hear on the car. It would take so many rpms to lauch that car with any amount of boost with a bigger turbo that he wouldn't be able to keep any traction with street tires, so go for the dead stop start.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetred95ta
Capn Pete, I must say that you use more smileys than anyone else I've ever seen post.

I don't know what you're talking about?!?!

Yeah, I'm notorious for over-doing it with smilies!!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

I saw one running high 11's @ 130+. The guy had a LOT of money in mods, but the car looked stock. Be careful.

Quick Reply: So my buddys little brother is talkin smack