General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Ran from a cop story

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 01:14 PM

Re: Ran from a cop story

We stop racing when we see a car headed our way. We go out at midnight and start. We play it safe. Cars our the pivotal point of our freedom and individuality, we chose to race at night. We never race in daylight, when people are coming. If i lose my best friend in an accident with your big *** Caravan acting stupid, either looking back to talk to your kids, or flirt with your wife, or turn on your radio, then i'll pray for him, and i'll pray for you.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:41 PM

There's a time and place for things like this, and I think most of us are guilty of it at one time or another. I am, but my reaction would be the same as some expressed in previous posts.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:53 PM

Yeah I raced like 5 or 6 times last night, there were cops and tons of people... come to think of it... it was legal too... hmm interesting... legal drag racing... at a sanctioned event, for 10 dollars... and it was at night... go to a drag strip you clown, not much can beat the adrenaline of bracket racing with a 10 second car and he blows past you at the end, and sitting in the staging lanes with that same car. Get a head on your shoulders. I am 17 with a 96 Z28 I bought on my own, and I dont see myself out on public roads endangering anyone you idiot, go out and keep doing it, there wont be any prayers from me to you.

-Eric
Old 09-02-2004, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by VegasZ
Next time, remember, never admit anything. When the cop catches you, never admit to racing or any other wrongdoing because most likely you will be arrested and they will use your own testimony to convict you. It is best to just keep your mouth shut. A cop cannot force you to say anything.

Yes well the cop still could have nailed his *** for eluding an officer and reckless driving, driving to fast for conditions ect. I should know I'm a cop here in pennsylvania. Some cops would have arrested him on the spot and towed the car. Best advice..If you get caught be cool to the cop and most of the time you'll be ok, Be a little pick and your *** will be nailed to the wall
Old 09-02-2004, 04:14 PM

Post Re: Ran from a cop story

Originally Posted by lantern's97Z
Yes well the cop still could have nailed his *** for eluding an officer and reckless driving, driving to fast for conditions ect. I should know I'm a cop here in pennsylvania. Some cops would have arrested him on the spot and towed the car. Best advice..If you get caught be cool to the cop and most of the time you'll be ok, Be a little pick and your *** will be nailed to the wall
It feels like alot of times the cop will decide before you've even talked to him if he's going to give you a ticket or how much he'll be screwing with you. Some are just on power trips, others are cool guys. Bottom line, if you show the cop that you're a functioning productive member of society who isn't endangering peoples lives for no reason, and were doing whatever you were doing in at least a somewhat safe manner, he MIGHT show mercy. Thats the best you can hope for, esp once u've run from him...
Old 09-02-2004, 04:49 PM

Exclamation Re: Ran from a cop story

I'm still wondering what the technical question in the original post was...

Originally Posted by mustangmuncher
Yeah I raced like 5 or 6 times last night, there were cops and tons of people... come to think of it... it was legal too... hmm interesting... legal drag racing... at a sanctioned event, for 10 dollars... and it was at night... go to a drag strip you clown, not much can beat the adrenaline of bracket racing with a 10 second car and he blows past you at the end, and sitting in the staging lanes with that same car. Get a head on your shoulders. I am 17 with a 96 Z28 I bought on my own, and I dont see myself out on public roads endangering anyone you idiot, go out and keep doing it, there wont be any prayers from me to you.

-Eric
Now that was very well said.

TS
Old 09-02-2004, 10:24 PM

You needed to have your car and license taken away That cop did the rest of us an injustice by letting you off. You sir are a complete A$$!! The fact that you have the nerve to admit what you did --- street racing down main and back roads, running from the cops, driving dangerously, and just being a complete moron, but to come back and brag that you will be doing it again the very night after all this happened just proves that your mom should have been giving a bj and spit you out as you are a complete waste of sperm! People like you give the rest of us a bad image. I hope I never am the one involved in an accident with you when you are involved in a 'STREET' race -- as I will feel sorry for your outcome. Take the time to drive to a strip and drag legal it is more fun and way way less of a chance of hurting yourself, your friend, or someone innocent.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:37 PM

At least before you condem the guy and his actions, or refer to him as a waste of sperm, an A$$, or whatever worthless adjective you choose, admit that your a hypocrit. While i don't condone street racing, i will certainly admit to driving fast and agressive. Granted, running from cops isn't always the most intelligent choice, we've all done stupid ****. He will learn eventually if he continues to race on public roads... Regardless, come down from your pedestals. I don't know a Z or Firebird owner who hasn't driven like a moron at sometime or another, hypothetically endangering others.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:09 PM

And you know me and what I do how??? I never admitted to doing these things as he did?? Please do not generalize me with him. Yes I have driven fast before. This does not compare to racing repeatedly down main and back roads nor does it compare to running from a cop nor does it show arrogance as he did when he stated he would be doing it again the next night. maybe i was a little harsh, but he obviously didn't learn from the cops 'nice' gesture of letting him off so what makes you think he will eventually learn. If this didn't teach him what will?? killing an innocent person just driving home to see their family.

Last edited by browneye97ss; 09-02-2004 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:55 PM

There is a street by mean that a lot of imports and some fbodies race at. Its called Archer Ave. The street is lined with bars, and its a very narrow road. The street is flooded with these cars well into 1 in the morning, and these guys race on it almost every night of the week. Its amazing to see, but still, in my opinon very dangerous.

I race in the woods. Me and my friend race there almost 3 or 4 times every week. We race in the same direction, towards a "dead end" road every time. We race off a red light, and then go to 100 mph and brake. If at any time we see a car coming towards us on the 4 lane road, we brake. Honestly its because of fear its a cop, but either way, we break. No offense, but that is pretty damn safe to me.

Yes i do go to drag strips, but i don't have much free time, so i don't go that often. I like to work on my cars, and like to work on other peoples cars. This is where we can go and find out how we are doing, safely.

I am not going up and down busy streets, swirving in and out of cars, or even going fast past cars. I am in somewhat of a controlled enviroment. The most danger i have is if a deer pops out. They rarley do because we drive with our brights on and honk every other minute like crazy.

If at all this sounds dangerous to you, then you are the moron. Your wonderful family in my opinoin, if they are out at 1 in the morning, is safe if you are even close to where we are racing. In my opinoin, we are driving safer then normal people would be driving, either drunk, or on their cell phones. The only danger we are putting eachother in is in eachother.

So slow down and stop judging people. I know the people you are talking about, i don't like what they are doing either. But what i'm doing? ... I don't think is so bad. Its the same as a drag strip, only we slow down early sometimes. :blah:
Old 09-03-2004, 02:30 AM

SHould have told him your had to take a **** and you were just pissing on the tree when he pulled up.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:21 AM

damn, i got pulled over for being too loud, he would have taken my car and raped me if i did that.

But good job.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:30 AM

Yeah, i think some people definitely overreacted to your story. The whole van with the family in it BS was a little overkill, but that's just me. Name calling = uneccessary. Sounds like fun, but be careful.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew04ME
Yeah, i think some people definitely overreacted to your story. The whole van with the family in it BS was a little overkill, but that's just me. Name calling = uneccessary. Sounds like fun, but be careful.
Unneccesary?
So you're stating that his hypothetical situation is unrealistic, and that someone driving at excessive speeds in residential areas, through red lights, etc... could not possibly hit someone else?
You can't expect that the thought of someone driving like this, that could very well hurt a loved one, wouldn't draw some emotional responses from people. Just the way street racers, or drunk drivers **** people off...

I turned down a side street then another street and ended up at a dead end. Just as i turned down the dead end, i saw lights enter the subdivision.

Passed a cop going over 100 in a 40, blew two red lights, ran from a cop... and got away with it.
FWIW: 100% true story (not a made up "get you think" BS story)

I have a ex roomate that tried the exact same thing in his 97 Z28.
He was driving too fast (Not racing), and passed a cop.
He thought he would try his luck....

He was out running the cop pretty good, then a truck turned out right in front of him, he swerved left to avoid hitting him.
The rear got out from under him, and the car spung backwards across the street, and into a pole. He then drove a 1/4 block into a parking lot and shut the car off.

He ended up destroying his driver's side rear chrome wheel, his tires, crushed his drivers side quater panel, cracked his wing, cracked his front bumper, destroyed his rear bumper, and had some frame damage.

The cops showed up on him guns drawn, and gave him ALOT of tickets (Carless driving, speeding, evading, leaving the scene of the accident, improper lane change, running a stop light, etc). He was arrested and they towed his car.

So all in all: His car was totalled, he bought it back and rebuilt it, got a lawyer and got most of the tickets reduced off his record, BUT after all the BS, and all wasted money, plus the damage to his car, he could have just pulled over and got a speeding ticket. This is not the worst case senario... atleast in his case no one was hurt.

Be safe.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by CColtManM
We usually slow down when a car is headed towards us, but we kept going (good race).

We stop racing when we see a car headed our way.

If at any time we see a car coming towards us on the 4 lane road, we brake. Honestly its because of fear its a cop, but either way, we break.
Unless its a "good race".

Quick Reply: Ran from a cop story