General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Ran from a cop story

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 10:31 AM

Ran from a cop story

So i was out at the spot where me and my best friend race at least 3 times a week at night. Well, this time, we hit it and passed a cop at, at least 100 mph. We usually slow down when a car is headed towards us, but we kept going (good race). So, the cop slows and does a Uturn. We were coming up to a light and we both cut right. My friend did a U turn and stopped at the light and i kept going straight. I was on a headset with my friend when he said the cop is coming after me. So by this time i was at the next light, about a half a mile down, and i cut right. I thought i had a half a mile on this cop. I turned down a side street then another street and ended up at a dead end. Just as i turned down the dead end, i saw lights enter the subdivision. I got out of my car and hid behind a tree. I saw lights come up on my position so i just gave myself up. I walked to the cop and he asked for my identification. He was telling me how big a charge was to run from the cops and to drag race. I told him i just got scarred and ran. We went back and forth, luckliy, my record was clear. I was sitting next to his car peeking in, he had a cigarret going and a donut bag next to him. He said, what kinda car were you racing, i said... a i think it was a gtp... .he replied, o, well i guess they are ok. Whats that a 5.7 Camaro? I said yes and we talked about cars for a second. He then said, stop being an *******, someone is going to catch you one of these days. And then he let me go.

Passed a cop going over 100 in a 40, blew two red lights, ran from a cop... and got away with it.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:36 AM

Re: Ran from a cop story

Ur lucky as hell! but isnt this more of a lounge thing?
Old 09-01-2004, 10:42 AM

Thumbs down Re: Ran from a cop story

You must be really proud of yourself now...

Oh, and what was the F-body related technical question you had?

TS
Old 09-01-2004, 10:42 AM

It is a lounge thing, sorry, usually forums have the lounge on top, i'll post it there instead.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:03 AM

You are so lucky he didnt arrest you on the spot, my friend was not so lucky when he did the same thing. He was in a Suburu though, so not as cool as a camaro.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:13 PM

Lounge Fodder
Old 09-01-2004, 02:43 PM

...Be glad you wern't driving an import or you might not have been so lucky...

Seriously... You REALLY got off the hook easy, he didn't impound your car or arrest you...and to top it off, you had a nice conversation about cars...
Old 09-01-2004, 03:01 PM

you shouldve known it was dead end
Old 09-01-2004, 03:37 PM

holy crap you're lucky. that sounds like fun too.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by jrtf83
that sounds like fun too.
Untill you get caught... . It ain't easy evading the Highway Patrol... If you ever just MUST do it though, don't stick on main streets... get to the side/backroads that DON'T deadend.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:29 PM

Don't run from the police! You endanger yourself and others.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:49 PM

Well it was 1 in the morning. and i had never gone down that road before. To tell you the truth, i was scarred shnotless, and just had to get off the main roads. And guess what, i'm going back out tonight!
Old 09-02-2004, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by CColtManM
Well it was 1 in the morning. and i had never gone down that road before. To tell you the truth, i was scarred shnotless, and just had to get off the main roads. And guess what, i'm going back out tonight!
When I'm not in my Z, I'm in my Dodge Caravan with the wife and kids. So help me god, if some punk like you ever involves us in an accident and I lose a family member due to your disregard for the safety of others I will make sure you die at the accident scene as well.

I guarantee you I am not the only person that feels this way. You, my friend are an idiot.

Last edited by TraceZ; 09-02-2004 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:33 AM

Next time, remember, never admit anything. When the cop catches you, never admit to racing or any other wrongdoing because most likely you will be arrested and they will use your own testimony to convict you. It is best to just keep your mouth shut. A cop cannot force you to say anything.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by TABAHR
When I'm not in my Z, I'm in my Dodge Caravan with the wife and kids. So help me god, if some punk like you ever involves us in an accident and I lose a family member due to your disregard for the safety of others I will make sure you die at the accident scene as well.

I guarantee you I am not the only person that feels this way. You, my friend are an idiot.
well said!

Quick Reply: Ran from a cop story