CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/general-1967-2002-f-body-tech-46/)
-   -   Power Passenger Seat in Camaro (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/general-1967-2002-f-body-tech-46/power-passenger-seat-camaro-399285/)

ZeeVert 09-24-2005 10:04 PM

Power Passenger Seat in Camaro

I had a little too much time on my hands today and installed a power seat on the passenger side of my Z. I always wanted to do it, and heard other people were interested, but I never heard of anyone doing it. Well, it's done.

It took several hours and isn't a job for the the casual wrench.

Here's some pictures:
Close up
Seat installed
The Car

Has anyone else given it a try?

flatlander757 09-25-2005 08:33 AM

Re: Power Passenger Seat in Camaro

But that adds weight :no:

On a somewhat related note... I'd rather delete the power seat on my driver's side.

That looks good though! Nice install!! ;)

ZeeVert 09-25-2005 12:06 PM

Thanks, but Hey! It's a convertible... It's already over weight.
Good point though... I could have weighed it before I installed to see what the penalty is.

2000GTP 09-25-2005 12:17 PM

Probably a penalty of 10-15 lbs., not the end of the world. It looks good though.

crazypurgatory 09-26-2005 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by ZeeVert
I had a little too much time on my hands today and installed a power seat on the passenger side of my Z. I always wanted to do it, and heard other people were interested, but I never heard of anyone doing it. Well, it's done.

It took several hours and isn't a job for the the casual wrench.

Here's some pictures:
Close up
Seat installed
The Car

Has anyone else given it a try?

How the heck did you do that? :shock:
That look real good. :thumb:
What parts did you use?
And from what car?
:bow: :bow:

Chris G.

93LT1355 09-26-2005 04:52 PM

Looks Good!

ZeeVert 09-28-2005 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by crazypurgatory
How the heck did you do that? :shock:
That look real good. :thumb:
What parts did you use?
And from what car?
:bow: :bow:

Chris G.

Since you asked...
I used the power mechanicals from a 98 Camaro driver's seat. It came with the switch and switch cover.
The pass seat bolts right up to the track, but the track needs to be modified to bolt to the floor. (grind, cut, hammer)
The switch and wires reach the right side of the seat OK. There are a couple wires that need to be switched to make it match the seat movement. (otherwise up is down and down is up).
Run power with a 10amp fuse.
The switch cover or bezel is a driver's cover turned upside down and trimmed to fit (hack saw, belt sander). The gray is actually a nice contrast to the black seat and trim.
Beat the floor a little, trim a little carpet, curse the Cat hump, and in she goes!
It wasn't a simple job, but it can be done.

CDN35thSS 01-07-2019 02:16 PM

Well, ZeeVert... Don't know if you are still out there... I know this post was from 2005... But I found it 14 years later and managed to replicate your great work in my 2002 35th Anniversary LE (14,000 miles) Like you said, it took some modifying to make things work and reversing some things but it wasn't impossible.. and it went in pretty smoothly overall.

If you are still out there, thanks !!!!