General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Man am I dumb

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 07:08 PM

Man am I dumb

I felt really stupid after I thought about this.

I put my SLP smooth bellow on last night, started the car and everything was good. Went to work this morning and was noticing that the car had really crappy power no punch! I get in the car and start it up to go home and noticed the SES light was on. I thought to myself hhmm, WTF? I'll check it when I get home. So on the ride home, car still having crappy power I got to thinking what could be the problem. It was running great yesterday.
I get home, pop the hood and low and behold guess what I found...
I had left the IAT sensor unplugged AND....AND....AND...the MAF sensor also. Both wires layed up on the engine right where I left them. I reset the computer, hooked them up, and started the car. No SES light for now.

Man do I feel dumb.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:13 PM

Re: Man am I dumb

Originally Posted by shouldaboughtthez
I felt really stupid after I thought about this.

I put my SLP smooth bellow on last night, started the car and everything was good. Went to work this morning and was noticing that the car had really crappy power no punch! I get in the car and start it up to go home and noticed the SES light was on. I thought to myself hhmm, WTF? I'll check it when I get home. So on the ride home, car still having crappy power I got to thinking what could be the problem. It was running great yesterday.
I get home, pop the hood and low and behold guess what I found...
I had left the IAT sensor unplugged AND....AND....AND...the MAF sensor also. Both wires layed up on the engine right where I left them. I reset the computer, hooked them up, and started the car. No SES light for now.

Man do I feel dumb.
I left my IAT sensor unplugged for months without realising it, then I finally had the code pulled and bought the replacement part just to realise it was unplugged... I replaced it anyway because hey it was a cheap part and it looked old...
Old 02-08-2005, 09:21 PM

Re: Man am I dumb

I did that once on my LS1...boy you know it when you do it cause it will run like ****.
Mine did. Ran for 15 minutes I got out and went in the gas station, came back out and OMG it was running like ****.