General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Making a 96' Camaro into a 2 seater?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 12:08 PM

Lightbulb Making a 96' Camaro into a 2 seater?

Hi all,
First off, I love Camaros, and I have finally found a beautiful one at a dealer near me for a reasonable price. Here is the problem...

I am a relatively big fella, and I could fit and be happy in the stock 4 seater config, but I really would like more room. Do you guys have any idea how exactly (Aside from obviously getting it done professionally) one would take out the back 2 seats, and replace the front two seat's rails? I have tried to find anything I could on the net about doing this safely and reliably, but have yet to have been able to find such a tutorial.

Any help would be appreciated, or if it is even possible from a financial standpoint. (On a relatively low budget)

Thanks,
Hawk1216
Old 12-08-2004, 06:32 PM

Re: Making a 96' Camaro into a 2 seater?

So you want to get rid of the rear seats and modify the front tracks to give you more forward and backward adjustability? Its doable. First of all, removing the backseats is simple. It's only a couple of easily accessable bolts that hold everything together, and the rear seat belts are easily removed as well. I don't have back seats in my car either. The actual seats may be silghtly more of a problem. First of all, I would go about researching Corvette seats, since they do not have backseats. They may offer more adjustability than F-body seats. If you are feeling ambitious, you could make some custom rails for the existing seats. Have you looked at Summit or Jegs in their interior sections? They may have something for street rods or race cars that you could adapt. One thing to keep in mind would be making sure any electrical connections you have for your seats now will work or reach with your new setup. You may not even have any - it depends on what options the car has. Best of luck if you decide to buy the Camaro.