General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Front Harness LT1 Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 05:57 PM

Front Harness LT1 Headlights

I have to change the front harness in my 95 camaro it was a V6 and I am converting her. Has anyone ever changed their harness. Where to begin and how do unplug the headlights? I am worried about the link up on the drivers side. Do i need to get behind all the pedals?
Old 11-30-2004, 07:12 PM

Re: Front Harness LT1 Headlights

how about anybody who has touched the front harness?
Old 12-02-2004, 01:38 PM

Yep, been there when I did my swap. Not sure about the headlights since I have the pop-ups. There's two main harnesses under the hood. One for the engine and one for the rest (I call it the body harness). Start in the drivers side corner where the big plug goes and work your way around. Not sure how far along you are in the swap but after you take out the old engine is a good time to do wiring. I had everything out when I did it, including the radiator, motor, A/C and it took about an hour.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:51 PM

Well its too late for me to work with out the engine in. The body harness is 3/4 out as of today i basically just need to get those 2 connectors out by the master cyliner....do you have any idea where i should start im goin to be working on it today a little after 5
Old 12-02-2004, 02:13 PM

Drop all of the panels off from under the dash (drivers side) and you'll need to take out the plastic piece that runs down the edge of the driver's door to the firewall. The key is to give youself plenty of room because the big connector(s) in the corner are held together by a bolt that you have to get out. I left my interior wiring alone and just connected a T/A body harness to my V6 interior harness. Pics would help if you got em.

You may run into further wiring gremlins depending the the years of the two cars...If you don't have a Helm manual I strongly suggest picking one up. Can't tell you how many times I bailed myself out with that book. Chilton's and Haynes books are of no comparison to this bible.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:39 PM

Hmm What do you mean by the plastic piece under there by the firewall I am very familiar under the dash since i changed to a t56 from that weak lil 4l60e. And the Helm manual....Where do I find them I 've never heard of it
Old 12-02-2004, 08:30 PM

ok, what a great night.................I have the connector free form the fire wall but i dont have much play i have eveything else done except for the part around the abs module....do yo uknow if i slip it around or will i need to take out the abs module too... i cant seem to get the black and the grey connector free from each other. should i take out the brake booster to have more room to get to it.... i count 2 clips on the side and 2 hooks on the back in there anything im missing