CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/general-1967-2002-f-body-tech-46/)
-   -   Car won't start (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/general-1967-2002-f-body-tech-46/car-wont-start-297667/)

BiGGinZ 09-02-2004 02:28 PM

Car won't start

I took my old alarm out and then when I tried to start my car there was no electricity. No acc. turned on, nothing. So I jumped the battery hoping it was dead and still no acc. need help asap.

BiGGinZ 09-02-2004 03:30 PM

Re: Car won't start

Guys I need help it is like my car has 0 power from the battery. Need help ASAP!

TraceZ 09-02-2004 03:45 PM

I know some alarms interrupt the coil or starter, but I've never heard of an alarm cutting power to the entire car!

I'm guessing you have a problem other than the alarm, or maybe during its removal you accidentally screwed up a connection?

Start by cleaning both the battery cables. Use a test light at the fuse panel to make sure it is getting power.

Do you own a test light?

BiGGinZ 09-02-2004 03:50 PM

No I don't have a test light. But my battery was working, then when I took my alarm out then no power. Is there anything I could have unhooked? It happend after I unhooked the siren so I wasn't even unhooking things under the steering column yet.

BiGGinZ 09-02-2004 05:20 PM

Still need help guys.

BiGGinZ 09-02-2004 06:07 PM

Help ASAP!

TraceZ 09-02-2004 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by BiGGinZ
Help ASAP!

There is not much we can do to help until you get a test light and see if there is power at the fuse boxes.

Have you checked the battery cables? It is very odd for a car to be completely dead if the battery is charged and has good cables on it.

I am going under the impression not even the brake lights, dome lights, guages or headlights work.

BiGGinZ 09-02-2004 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by TABAHR
There is not much we can do to help until you get a test light and see if there is power at the fuse boxes.

Have you checked the battery cables? It is very odd for a car to be completely dead if the battery is charged and has good cables on it.

I am going under the impression not even the brake lights, dome lights, guages or headlights work.

Yep nothing is working.

TraceZ 09-02-2004 06:56 PM

Yep nothing is working.

If nothing works, that means the fuse boxes are not getting power. I really think the problem is either the battery or the cables.

The headlights should at least work. Let us know what you find out with some testing.

BiGGinZ 09-02-2004 09:03 PM

I worked on it and got a new battery just in case and cleaned the cables and everything around the battery and it works now, thanks for your help.

TraceZ 09-03-2004 07:21 AM

I worked on it and got a new battery just in case and cleaned the cables and everything around the battery and it works now, thanks for your help.

I'm glad it's up and running agian! :cool: :cool: :)