General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Can't find this part for window?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 04:05 AM

Can't find this part for window?

I'm sure you have all seen the hundreds of window post about the motors but this is not that post. I have noticed my windows are a little wobbly when rolling up or are up, and took the door panel off to investigate. I have found these little brushes inside that press against the window to help keep them from wobbling but one is broken and I can't find a replacement or even know the proper name for them. Can someone please point me to a website where I can purchase new brushes. Thanks in advance. Chris
Old 01-12-2013, 06:54 AM

Re: Can't find this part for window?

Window Stabilizers. Try a Chevy dealer or the help section at the parts store.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?

Here they are (item 61): F DOOR HARDWARE/FRONT;. Fits: 1998 Pontiac Firebird | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick
Page is for my car, but they are all the same.

One of mine was broken also. I made a new one from a piece of aluminum angle and glued the felt to it.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:04 AM

There are a couple of auctions on Ebay right now for the stabilizer your looking for. You should also be to order these from any GM dealer. Might be a good idea to check what the price differences are between the dealer and these auctions.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?

Originally Posted by peterpar
There are a couple of auctions on Ebay right now for the stabilizer your looking for. You should also be to order these from any GM dealer. Might be a good idea to check what the price differences are between the dealer and these auctions.
Good find. Those are less expensive than the dealer price when you take into account the free shipping.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by blkcamaro_z28
I'm sure you have all seen the hundreds of window post about the motors but this is not that post. I have noticed my windows are a little wobbly when rolling up or are up, and took the door panel off to investigate. I have found these little brushes inside that press against the window to help keep them from wobbling but one is broken and I can't find a replacement or even know the proper name for them. Can someone please point me to a website where I can purchase new brushes. Thanks in advance. Chris
This part is noted on my website in the window adjustment guide. GM wholesale price is currently $12.45.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:45 PM

Thanks everyone for the quick help, now I can order these stabilizers and get this fixed.