General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

25th Ann camaro; certificate of destruction...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 06:51 AM

Re: 25th Ann camaro; certificate of destruction...

great, we look forward to seeing it back on the road!!
Old 07-31-2004, 10:28 AM

In due time my friend... I am trying to find someone with a digital camera so I can take some pictures when I get it on base. If nothing else, I will buy a cheap disposable camera and have the pictures developed and put on cd.

It's final, I am buying the car. Paid the guy $400 and he is going to tow it to his yard and put a car cover I just bought on it. I still need to find out if I can get the original hatch for it. I also still have to pay another $1000 for it so it's going to be awhile. I might be able to go to his house though and take some pictures though.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:14 PM

If you want a sneek preview, here is a picture from thirdgen.org. This looks just like it (color and all) except it has T-tops.

'92 camaro heritage edition

Last edited by Metaldrgn; 07-31-2004 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:21 PM

Pictures are being devoped! In less than 2 hrs I should have some pictures posted or a reason why I couldn't. I am not a great photographer so some may seem kinda sloppy. I also have some of my other camaro too . I don't know what the quality of these photos is going to be like because I got a disposable camera, but it was the most expensive one...
Old 08-02-2004, 08:00 PM

machine was broken ... I got the pictures, but not on cd and I can't find anyone with a scanner. They say it should be up tomorrow. They turned out alittle blurry, but not too bad.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:08 PM

post em soon
sounds like it will be a nice car
Old 08-02-2004, 08:30 PM

I forgot, this might have had a paint job done because it doesn't have black headlight pockets. They are the same color as the body... The rest is good though and I won't be able to find out about the hatch until friday at the soonest...
Old 08-03-2004, 06:38 PM

Here it is:

They said they were going to put some rims and tires on it before they moved it out. Seems like they didn't do it. All I know is they better take care of her while I can't protect her.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:46 PM

looks like a great start, shouldn't take too much to pass inspection
Old 08-03-2004, 10:58 PM

Hey, good luck getting that thing up and going. I always want to save the strays at the junkyard too.

What are you going to do for running gear? I have a '92 Camaro with the 1LE and B4C RPOs that got smacked up a bit on I95. It's a 350/Auto car, and has all of the 1LE goodies like bigger brakes, 3.23 disk posi rear, sumped fuel tank, 145 mph speedo, and bigger sway bars. It runs strong but has some body damage. I haven't decided what to do with it yet. It's been in my garage for a couple of months now. If your interested in a donor car, let me know. Maybe we can work something out. It'd be nice to see this thing go to a good home. I'm in South Florida, but I have means to transport.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ellis
Hey, good luck getting that thing up and going. I always want to save the strays at the junkyard too.

What are you going to do for running gear? I have a '92 Camaro with the 1LE and B4C RPOs that got smacked up a bit on I95. It's a 350/Auto car, and has all of the 1LE goodies like bigger brakes, 3.23 disk posi rear, sumped fuel tank, 145 mph speedo, and bigger sway bars. It runs strong but has some body damage. I haven't decided what to do with it yet. It's been in my garage for a couple of months now. If your interested in a donor car, let me know. Maybe we can work something out. It'd be nice to see this thing go to a good home. I'm in South Florida, but I have means to transport.
you gotta save that b4c!
atleast donate it to me so i can take care of it
Old 08-04-2004, 06:27 AM

Cool Re: 25th Ann camaro; certificate of destruction...

that's another big reason I bought this car. It's an RS with a TBI V8. I am building a high performance, '96 LT1 for a car and I think it will fit nicely into that red one. I am putting it together piece by piece. I still have over $3000 I need to get as far as upgrades and parts for engine and tranny. This engine is going to be awsome and in a car like that, there will be no stopping it. I plan on getting 3.23 positraction auburn or eaton gears with 28 spline, hardened axles and a bulletproof rearend that supports the U-joints. I am buying the 4L60-e for it used so I can rebuild it with a high performance kit so I don't have to worry about it going out on me any time soon. I am also getting another driveshaft. There's going to be a big suspension upgrade too. First is subframe connectors and tubular control arms with polyurethane bushings all around. Then a baer vented/slotted brake system plus alot more, but I don't have time to type it all right now.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:38 PM

thanks for the offer . Where is the damage at? Some parts can be straightened and/or replaced. Is there anything damaged on the B4C that effects the way it drives?

I would like to try and help you get it back on the road if possible.

If it was really in that bad of condition, I will see what I can do for her. Do you have any pictures? I can store it on base at a low charge and we have large hydraulic lifts to work on cars. Has an insurance conpany been involved? Did they change the title or anything? Those major upgrades that I listed previously can always be done to one of my other Irocs later... Plus the time to buy all these upgrades is about a years time just for one car.

Last edited by Metaldrgn; 08-04-2004 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:39 PM

An insurance company cut me a $1900 check to have repairs done. It has a regular title. The damage is cosmetic. I drove it for a couple of weeks after the accident (30 miles each way to work, no problems). The car has 175k miles on it and runs like a champ. I put down a 14.8@92mph on it at 170k miles when i first got it, before any mods. The paint was faded, but otherwise the car was fun to drive. A/c, 12 disc changer, all the things I car about. But I was always catching crap for driving "that beater" from co-workers and my wife. I make pretty good money, and I was always pushed to get a more respectable car.

I had big plans for that car. I was planning on a pretty formidable sleeper. When I got hit (raked alond the DS, as it were) all of the wind went out of my sails. I went and picked up a '97 M6, and now I don't know what to do with the 1LE. Part it out? Sell it outright? Keep it?

Last edited by Ellis; 08-04-2004 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:57 PM

camaro yellow1

camaro yellow2

Well my (yellow) Camaro is a little beaten-up, and the people at work joke about it sometimes, but they know it's a nice car and sounds nice too. You have a rare car, and with a good paint job that car could catch anyone’s eye and be very respectable. Don't be discouraged by what anybody says, there are admirers all around and you don’t even know it. I would say go for it and make it a sleeper. Those co-workers might not joke so much if you always burned them off the line at a stop light. Most people don’t really seem to enjoy the cars they drive anyway. A nice exhaust system is good to have as well. One that has a good, low bass sound to it that just shakes the world around you. Doesn’t have to be that loud, just deep. That’s my opinion anyway.

If, on the other hand, you are really enjoying your new car and thinking about letter her go, I would be glad to help you out. I have everything I need here to fix her up and keep her safe. My dad has friends back in california that do body work and some people here know how to do that kind of stuff so I could probably get those dent's out or do something with it. Now that I know the guy from the salvage yard, I might be able to have him call me if parts come in and I could get a better deal on them. If you want to talk about it, you can send me an Email or PM me.

One thing I find funny about people talking about your "beater" is that there newer cars are losing value faster than a bad check and yours is gaining everyday.

Last edited by Metaldrgn; 08-07-2004 at 06:26 PM.

Quick Reply: 25th Ann camaro; certificate of destruction...