Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

Taylor Ignition full metal jacket 91026 Vs Granatelli Spark Plug Wires

Old 07-01-2014, 05:37 AM

Taylor Ignition full metal jacket 91026 Vs Granatelli Spark Plug Wires

Hi Guys,
Has any one use one of these spark plugs wire for LT1 engine and what dose he think .
there is not much review on them .

Granatelli Motor Sports Spark Plug Wires 28-1270S
or
Taylor Ignition full metal jacket 91026

They are costly , But changing the Plug wires on F-Body LT1 its a pain and would like it to do it once.

Thanks

Last edited by z28_trigger; 07-01-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:45 PM

Re: Taylor Ignition full metal jacket 91026 Vs Granatelli Spark Plug Wires

I haven't used them, but I can tell you that a grounded jacket is only good for EMI suppression on old cars like Corvettes that had fiberglass bodies and AM radio. They probably wick 3kV from the spark voltage just from capacitance coupling. And taylor wires, for whatever reason, already have a rep for crossfiring and arcing to ground - I'm not sure why that is, and don't know exactly which wire series of theirs does that, but there were a lot of complaints on them on this forum when it was more active a few years back. Sooo my advice is go with OEM Federal Mogul wires, MSD or Accel or Magnecor or some wire like that for reliability and forget about it. You want a good quality spiral core wire - low Ohms don't matter much so don't worry about that fake performance spec. that claims to provide more spark energy. The wire change was always a challenge back in the day to get them in the original routing having to loosen the power steering pump and all that jazz to get them in their original tracks. If you use fat wires, you may have to re-rout. Other than that - use dielectric grease on the boots - both ends, make sure they snap on there real good, don't lay them on the headers, and you are good to go. Anyway, good luck wiith the wire change..