Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

help me please someone

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 10:12 AM

Angry help me please someone

im working on my 92 305 Camaro tbi soon as the car warms up it don't want to start I have changed the tps and the injectors the idle control valve the map the fuel filter the fuel pump is good put new cap rotor plugs ecm spark control mod temp sensor gas cap no codes. but when you get it to start it runs great till you shut it off for ten mins or less or longer but soon as the car cools all the way down like over night its fine till it warms back up so lost thinking of just putting a holly on it but really don't want to can someone give me some info please
Old 04-09-2013, 11:20 AM

Re: help me please someone

I see out of everything you listed that you changed you didnt list the coil. Did you replace this as well? If not what does the spark look like? Is a cool blue spark or a hot red spark.

The reason I ask is a buddy of mine was having similer problems on a carbed 305 and after replacing everything, turns out it was just the coil.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:28 PM

no never replaced that didn't even think of that but will give that a try and let you know. thanks for the info
Old 04-09-2013, 04:30 PM

Inside the distributor cap there is something called a I.C.M ?? I think ? 3wires on one side 4 on the other side ?? kinda shaped like a. boomerang

Last edited by parkers Z28; 04-09-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:37 PM

tried the coil didn't do nothing to help me and I did change that piece in the distributor didn't help im thinking bad set of injectors maybe im retesting the fuel presser tomorrow at work just to make sure before I go any more crazy with this car..
Old 04-12-2013, 03:18 PM

Check the coolant temp sensor... if it's not telling the ECM the engine is warmed up, it could be hard to start when it's hot, due to the A/F mixture being too rich.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:18 PM

ok it ended up being the intake gasket was leaking fixed that runs great now but for some reason now it ha a valve tap when I didn't touch them I know for a fact nothing got stuck in my lifters cuse I vacuumed it all out and had it covered really good runs like **** a lil when tap goes away runs strong with the tap. so lost on this one...
Old 05-08-2013, 08:28 PM

did the noise show up after you replaced the intake gasket??
check the timing the noise my be a spark knock ?