Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

Picture of my dual walbro setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 06:26 PM

I did it alittle differently... i wired one pump to the NEW relay with the hobbs switch. And the other one i set up like a stock pump... I jus ran the hot and the ground and the sending unit into the stock connector in front of the rear end.

I figured it didn't matter too much since most people usually run the walbro pumps on the stock wiring, and I'll get the extra pressure i need when the second one kicks on.

How much of a difference is this going to make?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:20 PM

anyone know how much of a different it makes to wire it this way?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:29 PM

i wired it like you did BUT i have my second pump on a toggle, for nitrous use. the primary pump works fine on the factory wire harness.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by tagz
I did it alittle differently... i wired one pump to the NEW relay with the hobbs switch. And the other one i set up like a stock pump... I jus ran the hot and the ground and the sending unit into the stock connector in front of the rear end.

I figured it didn't matter too much since most people usually run the walbro pumps on the stock wiring, and I'll get the extra pressure i need when the second one kicks on.

How much of a difference is this going to make?
It probably won't make that much difference unless you are pushing it to the limit of the dual walbro. It would actually be good during part throttle because you won't be pumping/heating up so much fuel.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:03 PM

I'm in the process of building a dual walbro setup and I have used the parts list originally posted here. I did not like the extreme bend and possible kink that the fitting from the "Y" block made in the rubber fuel line when connected to the second pump. After looking everywhere I found the solution at Napa. They have 3/8" NPT 45 degree Brass Street Elbows. When these are installed between the "y" block and the 3/8" hose barbs they point both inlets straight down towards the pumps eliminating any kinks in the lines. Installing one of these at the outlet of the "Y" block and pointing it towards the front will allow you to mount the "Y" block higher allowing more room between the "Y" block and the fuel pumps as well. The part number for these is 3350X6 which is actually the part number anyplace that you get it. A search on Yahoo yeilded a few places that sold them for about $4.00 each, but after shipping they would probably be around the $7.00 each that Napa gets for them. Obviously these are an added expense, but I prefer to do things the best way possible from the beginning and I am just trying to add some perfecting touches to an already good idea.

For those of you blowing the lines off in the tank do you think a multi-barbed hose fitting, like the ones that you can get at Home Depot, might hold onto the rubber hoses better than the single barbed fittings from this parts list or are you just better off going with the plastic hoses between the "Y" block and the pumps right from the start?
Old 09-25-2007, 10:13 PM

Pics of my Dual Walbro's

Old 09-25-2007, 10:36 PM

Looks good. Should run well.

Ken R.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:34 PM

Old post I know. Legit question. Should it work if I ordered the additional racetronix FLT1-FPWHG Plug & Play Wiring harness to supplement the extra relay I would have to purchase thus getting more voltage in the meantime to the additional pump? The additional pump will be hooked into my nitrous arming switch to arm the system as my single walbro that I have in there now is plenty for N/A use. OR is this realy overkill for a 450fwhp + 200 shot N2O setup?

Once the setup is complete I'll post up total cost and part#'s with prices for each part. Probably will be complete sometime this winter.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:05 PM

I think it would be good insurance when your running the 650 plus scenario, never hurts to keep the voltage up.