Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

In & out fitting, Vortech ques?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 05:01 PM

In & out fitting, Vortech ques?

Bought the Vortech V9 g-trim (non aftercooled), and am having it installed. Shop calls me up today, saying everything is going fine, but the "in and out fitting for the power steering and lines" was not included in the kit.

I asked is there a part number, so I can call up and Vortech and have it sent so the car can be finished. Shop tells me no, there is no part number, that is what it is called. So I come home today and look online at the installation manual, my copy is at the shop, and I'm looking in the power steering section of the manual and the only fitting mentioned are the 18 and 16 mm fittings. Looking over the parts listing there is a power steering assembly fitting and a power steering reservoir fitting.

Any help here on what's missing?
Old 07-14-2005, 10:43 AM

Re: In & out fitting, Vortech ques?

I installed the kit myself and received all the parts as Vortech list.
I don't remember if the part number of the pressure hose includes also the fittings, by the nams Vortech uses it's difficult to say. But they should be there!
What is exactly missing? There is a connector between the steering pump and the pressure hose, an o-ring between connector and pump.
The same connector to the linkage included o-ring and an elbow between connector and pressure hose. My elbow is red and blue (??) however. the connectors are galvanized steel ans the elbow is probably aluminium.

By the way: why are you looking after the parts? Did you buy the kit and give it to the garage to install it? I wouldn't because for every little problem they will say that their supplier (YOU) made a mistake...

If it's not too late I woud replace the front crank seal because now it has the shape of the stock armonic balancer. With the new balancer it may leak as mine now
Old 07-14-2005, 11:35 AM

Re: In & out fitting, Vortech ques?

My friend's BBC kit was missing the discharge tube and he had a hard time getting one from them. The one supplied didnt even fit when it arrived, they had to custom fab a different one to clear the hood and themostat housing.