Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

Need tuning advice...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 06:39 PM

Need tuning advice...

I'm still trying to work out some kinks by taking logs and sending them to bryan from pcmforless but I wanted to know what some of you guys think about it... My knock retard is very sporadic. Running about 8* of total timing retard on the crane **** I ran it and it got no retard on three wide open blasts. I let the car sit for a minute then took it out for a couple more WOT logs... The retard spiked on the second log whenever I shift or let off the throttle. It spikes to about about 6* then starts comind down as my RPMs keep climbing. I hit it one time during the second log and I was accelerating through second and when I got to about 4500 it spiked to 6* and I felt the car pull back, it's not a good feeling. It is weird though because that's the only time I felt that and I've taken it on numerous runs and today it only knocked in the second log... Otherwise I get small knock values while I'm accelerating (0-2 degrees) but no rise in knock count itself (only in the second log). And these small knock retard values did not appear in the first log but whenever I accelerated on the second logs it would go from 0 to 1 if I blip the throttle and it would show decimal values of retard while I was cruising.

That's the first problem. The other problem is that when i first start the car up the revs climb to about 2k immediately and then start dropping down to normal 900 idle... Brian told me he adjusted the IAC but it's still geekin out. It's not a problem but it is a bit annoying.

Any ideas??? Thanks.