Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

JetHot LongTube headers(with emissons) and a Supercharger...which one will fit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 01:35 PM

JetHot LongTube headers(with emissons) and a Supercharger...which one will fit?

Ok....after my fist post in the section and not much response probably cause it was mostly newbie questions(except from the stang guy, thanks), I have finally decided to go forced induction for sure. Itll set my project back another few months...but I guess itll be worth it in the end for the major HP/TQ gains thall always be there.

My question is....Do any/either of the superchargers(ie Vortech Strim or ATI/Procharger PISC or DISC fit without major modification to my Jethot longtube headers(with emissions)? I ask, cause I have noticed a few people had to rerout the first primary on the driver side header. I would like to aviod having to send the header to be modified, then recoated with the crappy coating from jethot. Also, what is more efficient....and aftercooler or intercooler? Im thinking aftercooler would be, but Im new to this so please inform me otherwise.

Oh yeah...And I noticed Im going to have to remove my cruisecontrol/traction control thing that sits over the driver side head/valve cover if I do an aftercooler...and replace it with just a single throttle cable instead of the huge 1-into-3 contraption that I have now. Have any of you removed it before and if so...where did you get the right length cable to run directly from the TB to my gas pedal? Oops...one more ? Do you think the newer speedpro LW -21.x cc dished pistons would be sufficent? Or should I just fork up the bucks and go with ROSS or JE? I know what most of you will say(speed pros suck compared to those names), but thats not what Im asking. What Im asking is...will the speedpros take about crank 800hp, or not? Apparenty the newer ones are much improved and i also noticed the LW ones are made out of the exact same forged aluminum as the JE pistons. Thanks in advance for any answers I should happen to receive.

Last edited by N2OpwrdTA; 02-07-2004 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:12 PM

Re: JetHot LongTube headers(with emissons) and a Supercharger...which one will fit?

Originally posted by N2OpwrdTA
Ok....after my fist post in the section and not much response probably cause it was mostly newbie questions(except from the stang guy, thanks), I have finally decided to go forced induction for sure. Itll set my project back another few months...but I guess itll be worth it in the end for the major HP/TQ gains thall always be there.

My question is....Do any/either of the superchargers(ie Vortech Strim or ATI/Procharger PISC or DISC fit without major modification to my Jethot longtube headers(with emissions)? I ask, cause I have noticed a few people had to rerout the first primary on the driver side header. I would like to aviod having to send the header to be modified, then recoated with the crappy coating from jethot. Also, what is more efficient....and aftercooler or intercooler? Im thinking aftercooler would be, but Im new to this so please inform me otherwise.

Oh yeah...And I noticed Im going to have to remove my cruisecontrol/traction control thing that sits over the driver side head/valve cover if I do an aftercooler...and replace it with just a single throttle cable instead of the huge 1-into-3 contraption that I have now. Have any of you removed it before and if so...where did you get the right length cable to run directly from the TB to my gas pedal? Oops...one more ? Do you think the newer speedpro LW -21.x cc dished pistons would be sufficent? Or should I just fork up the bucks and go with ROSS or JE? I know what most of you will say(speed pros suck compared to those names), but thats not what Im asking. What Im asking is...will the speedpros take about crank 800hp, or not? Apparenty the newer ones are much improved and i also noticed the LW ones are made out of the exact same forged aluminum as the JE pistons. Thanks in advance for any answers I should happen to receive.
first jethot does good coating

second i have a vortech and jethots

and have no problems
Old 02-07-2004, 07:18 PM

Re: Re: JetHot LongTube headers(with emissons) and a Supercharger...which one will fit?

Originally posted by GT40MkI
first jethot does good coating

second i have a vortech and jethots

and have no problems
Question about the Jet-Hot LT's......

Which y-pipe will work with this set? Do I have to get the Hooker y-pipe, or the Mufflex? Which one are you using?
Old 02-07-2004, 08:31 PM

I have had headers 2 times both coated in jethot coating. My first ones were MAC headers coated with JetHot ceramic coating. In 11 months, the collectors had NO coating left and were totally rusted. The bolts where almost in better condition, lol. Now, I have a set of NIB JetHot sterling silver ceramic coated LT headers. They have not been used yet...but I already know how long they will/are going to last IMO, the coating sucks, espically for the price. But, its way better than no coating. It does do great with keeping the heat contained, but thats about it.

I am not running it yet so I dont know if it works, but I have the Hooker 3" ceramic coated ypipe(offroad). Once its up and running...I think im just going to have custom duals made, and sell this ypipe anyhow so Ill probably never know if it really fits. From what Ive seen...it works great with 6speed cars, but has issues some autos. Im not sure so someone else might know better.

Edit:: Pics of the ypipe/headers can be seen on my site in my signature, then click on the big link that says extra car parts(in the middle of the page)

Last edited by N2OpwrdTA; 02-07-2004 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:38 PM

Re: Re: Re: JetHot LongTube headers(with emissons) and a Supercharger...which one will fit?

Originally posted by Bryan 94 Z28
Question about the Jet-Hot LT's......

Which y-pipe will work with this set? Do I have to get the Hooker y-pipe, or the Mufflex? Which one are you using?

I had a custom pipe made for $90 local
Old 02-08-2004, 10:56 AM

GT40MkI....Which vortech are you running? Do you have any pics of it installed? Are you running an aftercooler? Thanks.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:04 PM

Originally posted by N2OpwrdTA
GT40MkI....Which vortech are you running? Do you have any pics of it installed? Are you running an aftercooler? Thanks.
strim

no aftercooler
Old 02-08-2004, 03:31 PM

Ok...My next question is: Will an aftercooler fit with JetHot LT headers with emissions? Ill relocate my battery and install the water box in that location, probably. If not, I could always put that in the rear/our so called trunk. I seen a pic of a red LT1 camaro that had and aftercooler and the emissions equipment intact....but I couldn't tell if he had JH LT headers, other headers or stock manifolds. But, I did notice itll fit about the emisssions, I just dont know about the primarys.

Last edited by N2OpwrdTA; 02-08-2004 at 03:34 PM.