Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

BLMs stuck at 128/128 in closed loop, no correction!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:46 PM

Exclamation BLMs stuck at 128/128 in closed loop, no correction!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Contact Tunercat and download the new $EE definition file that now enables you to change "Minimum Injector Pulse Width" constant!!
- details at bottom of page

Hi Guys,

xxsaint69x and I have the same, very strange and very annoying problem, and we would be more than glad to have a solution for it.

Basically, at idle, the car enters closed loop, but seems to ignore O2 feedback, BLMs and INTs are stuck at 128/128, in cell 16.

O2s show a steady .900mV, are not bouncing which is backed up by the WBO2 measuring 12.0 AFR. When blipping the throttle, the car goes to the corresponding cell, and seems to correct the integrators… So this problem is only present at idle.

Right click and save my Datamaster log:

www.hungryta.com/blm128.zip

I have this problem since I fired up my new single turbo setup, I have #83 Siemens-Deka injectors driven by a Acceleronics Versafueler, a stock PCM, stock MAF, etc.

So far, I have replaced both O2 sensors with new ACDelco ones, loaded different tunes, with different definition files, even the stock tune (only change was injector constant set for the 83 pound squirters), checked grounds, without any success.

Who else does have this problem?

Looking forward to your comments, ideas.

p.s. I have posted this in both ‘Programming’ and FI forums, as I think this problem *might* have something to do with FI/big injectors.

Last edited by HungryT/A; 07-25-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Are having the same problem widh a friends car, dont think the injectors are the problem, We have tried my old file that worked perfect 2006 my injector constant were set to 90lbs and on my friends car we changed it to 84lbs to match his injectors... That was the only change...

Oure car is now equiped widh 160lbs injectors, but no O2s or MAF so i cant check how the BLMs act, the only big problem i had was that when idle were set under 1600rpm it shut down the injectors, i adjusted the TPS to 2,5% att closed trottle and adjust the idle on the trottle adjuster screw to came around that problem.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:46 PM

That's interesting... Thanks for the info!
Old 06-12-2007, 03:07 PM

Have also tried 2 different PCMs.
Looking forward to see if someone has solved this problem...
Old 06-12-2007, 05:44 PM

Who did the tune?? Is it possible that someone figured out how to lock the fuel trims at idle?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:57 PM

i also switched PCMs, tried a lot of different files NOTHING helps
Old 07-25-2007, 05:34 PM

Since there are a couple of people suffering from this problem, and most of them are FI guys, I'll post this update here as well:

PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!!

I’ve contacted TC @ Tunercat.com with this problem, asked them if they knew of any limits that would set a pulse width barrier at 1.X ms. A couple of days later, and after some code hacking, they sent me today a modified $EE definition file to which they’ve added a „Minimum Injector Pulse Width” constant… opened up my bin in Tunercat with the new definition, and BINGO!! Minimum pulse width is set at 1.4ms per factory!!
So I changed it to 0.5ms, loaded up the new bin, and I’VE GOT BLM CORRECTION AGAIN WITH #83 LOW IMPEDANCE INJECTORS!! Idles at 800rpm, 14.7 AFR, smooth as silk!

The updated $EE definition file is already available for download at www.tunercat.com

So, everyone who has this problem, please download the new definition, and change minimum injector pulse width constant!!

I’d like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Christian Millard and Jeff „LJ” Stevens who were really helpful and took the time to discuss this problem with me, as well as to the great staff @ Tunercat, who turned out to have the best customer service ever!

See, I’ve told you I’m really determined to find a solution, here it is!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:27 PM

Perfect, really apriciate that
Aint gonna use it for the BLMs, have decied to run both oure cars widhout O2s and MAF..
But i look forward to get the IAC to work again