Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

anyone have photos of a procharger installed on just the engine?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:21 AM

anyone have photos of a procharger installed on just the engine?

I've got a '95 LT1 in a '92 Camaro and I'm trying to figure out which kit to start with as neither will bolt up and work without modification. does anyone have photos of a procharger installed on an LT1 on an engine stand or somewhere that you can see the front of the engine? I know I'll have to modify the brackets for either kit but I'd like to get close to start out with.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by 92LT1RS
I've got a '95 LT1 in a '92 Camaro and I'm trying to figure out which kit to start with as neither will bolt up and work without modification. does anyone have photos of a procharger installed on an LT1 on an engine stand or somewhere that you can see the front of the engine? I know I'll have to modify the brackets for either kit but I'd like to get close to start out with.
I don't have any pics anymore of my old setup, but about your only bet would be to go with the LT1 F-body brackets. The L98 brackets utalize the factory accessory brackets (ATI's brackets bolt to the factory ones), which you don't have anymore.

The only other option would be to use the standard SBC bracketry. These brackets bolt to the DR side head, but you would need to space it out farther because the crank pulley on the LT1 is further out. The only other problem I see with it is you will most likely need to clearance the inner fender to clear the headunit, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-14-2007, 12:23 PM

The best ones I had.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:24 PM

that does help actually. I've been talking to Lonnie at Lonnies Performance about this as well and thats along the lines of what we were coming up with. I didn't realize the TPI brackets bolted to the acc. brackets, guess thats out then. sounds like the LT1 kit will be the way to go then, will probably have to mod the bracket though to clear my steering box, etc. the only about I don't like about the LT1 kit is the dual intercoolers. I want to go single FMIC since I have the space and grill openings to support it
Old 06-14-2007, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by ZBLKHELLRZR
The best ones I had.

thats PERFECT! thanks a lot man. looks like if nothing else the stock bracket will give me a good place to start from to fab my own.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:50 PM

the only about I don't like about the LT1 kit is the dual intercoolers. I want to go single FMIC since I have the space and grill openings to support it
You don't need to buy the entire kit, I would recommend buying just the brackets, the headunit and pulleys/belt (all available seperately), and then just to the rest yourself.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
You don't need to buy the entire kit, I would recommend buying just the brackets, the headunit and pulleys/belt (all available seperately), and then just to the rest yourself.

do you know where I can get prices for all of that stuff? the only price list I've been able to find is just the head units, not any of the supporting hardware.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:36 PM

do you know where I can get prices for all of that stuff? the only price list I've been able to find is just the head units, not any of the supporting hardware.
Lonnie should be able to get you that stuff.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:43 PM

I've talked on the phone with him a couple of times now and he was saying it would probably be more worthwhile to start out with a kit and try and substitute some of the parts as I'd probably spend more to build my own kit. since its over a month away till I start building this thing, just trying to get everything lined out now. If I can piece it together for close to the same price as a kit, I'll go that route.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:27 PM

You might also want to call Bob at Exotic Performance Plus www.exoticperformanceplus.com/ He is very helpful and you'll like his prices. I was able to purchase just an F1-A head unit, mounting bracket/tensioner, pulleys and belts without a problem. As suggested, find someone who will sell you just the parts you want/need and build the rest youself. You will like the FMIC and it's relatively easy fabricate/install.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:54 PM

Hmm.... I can snap a picture for you later on tonight after I get back from the gym. ZBLKHELLRZR's brackets look totally different from mine.

-B
Old 06-14-2007, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by blown383
Hmm.... I can snap a picture for you later on tonight after I get back from the gym. ZBLKHELLRZR's brackets look totally different from mine.

-B

You have a D1, don't you? He has the D1SC. They ARE completely different brackets. You would be really confused if you saw my brackets!

Last edited by Ponyhntr; 06-14-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:12 PM

Doesn't tbyrne have a sale going on? They are a sponsor to this website. www.tbyrne.com
Old 06-15-2007, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Boosted_Z28
You might also want to call Bob at Exotic Performance Plus www.exoticperformanceplus.com/ He is very helpful and you'll like his prices. I was able to purchase just an F1-A head unit, mounting bracket/tensioner, pulleys and belts without a problem. As suggested, find someone who will sell you just the parts you want/need and build the rest youself. You will like the FMIC and it's relatively easy fabricate/install.

sent him a PM over on ls1tech earlier today. I feel better knowing someone else was able to buy just the parts they needed. may have to give him a call tomorrow then. thanks.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by blown383

-B
-B I thought you are running a SDCE and D1SC? I'm using an F1 blower and D1SC bracket. I'd think ours would be the same?

Quick Reply: anyone have photos of a procharger installed on just the engine?