Exhaust System From headers to exhaust tips

What do you think about this true dual setup (using Jegs 3" x-pipe)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 10:24 AM

What do you think about this true dual setup (using Jegs 3" x-pipe)

Hey all, what do you guys think about this. I currently have jet hot long tubes, w/ Jet hot y-pipe without cats and the original SLP loudmouth. I want to do a true dual setup for my new motor (specs in sig). Now I LOVE the jet hot y-pipe cus it comes pre-bent to clear that nasty trans cross member. I was thinking about getting this from jegs:

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...10002_60302_-1

and hacking alittle of the 3" piping that is "supposed" to goto the header collectors, cut the y-pipe right after the trans cross member and weld her up to the x-pipe setup. I want to put some bullet mufflers at the end of the x-pipe also of course. What do you guys think? If I remove my y-pipe totally I am going to have to get flanges installed on the pipe and have it bent to clear the trans cross member. Using the y-pipe section that is belt already would make life easier wouldn't it? Post away, plus I like the cut outs
Old 12-31-2006, 03:37 PM

What TA are you using? If its a cross brace mounted style it'll be hard to use a pre-fabbed set up because most won't clear without alot of fabrication...If its the stock style you might be ok...Check around here I know I've seen some nice set ups with the Jegs/Summit stuff...

--Alan
Old 12-31-2006, 04:22 PM

I am using a stock torque arm right now, which torge arm keeps the stock size so I can fit this exhaust? Sophen, UMI???
Old 01-02-2007, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by NVetro
I am using a stock torque arm right now, which torge arm keeps the stock size so I can fit this exhaust? Sophen, UMI???
You will need a stock style one for sure, check out the pic below of the UMI one, I am sure it would work fine. Also there is a link somewhere on LS1tech that is dedicated to true dual systems and what items will clear

http://www.umiperformance.com/images/2205l.jpg
Old 01-03-2007, 07:25 AM

Is that a custom true dual system? What size is it, 2.5" or 3". I like that.... Also, does the UMI TA work with a Moser 12 bolt?
Old 01-04-2007, 05:02 PM

With a little hacking/customization, almost any can be made to work. As far as the TA is concerned, Spohn makes a tunnel brace mounted TA that has extra clearence for larger Y-pipes...the key to making an X-pipe work with that brace in the way is not mounting the X-pipe to be in the center like in the pic above, but tucking it up beside the TA instead of sirectly below it.
Here's a pic of mine, this is a custom made tunnel brace for a vert, but I had the Spohn one at one time and it has even more clearence which is why I removed it as it scraped the ground constantly going over humps. And this is using the Jegs universal 3" X-pipe w/o cutouts...if you have cats attached at the end of your headers...that pass side with the cutout will not fit without cutting and changing the angle of that 45* in it.

Better pic from below but without the tunnel brace on...see that pass side angle you have to work with.