Exhaust System From headers to exhaust tips

Shorty True Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 06:37 PM

Shorty True Duals?

With the car under the knife due to a cam/valvetrain swap among other things, I originally thought out this new exhaust by starting with Hedman(68460) Longtubes, but after attempting to install them and running into problems that even Hedman/Summit couldn't explain, I got fed up and decided to stick with shorty's, so I put in Hedman's(68470) shorty's.

I know true duals on longtubes is easy, I had the S-Bends to curve the exhaust down around the crossmember, but I returned them with my longtubes. So, since I'm sticking with new shorty's, what is the best route to go about running X-Pipe true duals? Are there any kits that like Summit offers or are new fabbed pipes required to make it work? I know Summit has X-Pipe kits, but how would I go about dropping the exhaust from the collectors to clear the crossmember? I'm installing the exhaust myself(just on open headers right now) instead of paying a shop twice as much to install it all. Plus, the 90% of the local shops won't go forth with my plan because I will not use cat. converters. I will be clamping and spot welding all pieces of the exhaust, but want to know the best route to go about it.

I've searched the threads and everyone is so vague or no real answers. Though I'm installing myself, I'm not going to fab up pipes to make this all work, I'd rather just buy a X-Pipe kit that will bolt on and just make it work from there, but I'm wanting to know if there are Shorty X-Pipe kits out there, or what can I buy from like Summit to mount it all together.