Exhaust System From headers to exhaust tips

Pacesetter LT's and 02 extensions

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 01:50 PM

Pacesetter LT's and 02 extensions

Do pacesetters come with plug and play extensions or the ones you have to wire?........and if not, wheres the cheapest place to buy the plug and play extensions?...........Thanks
Old 01-12-2010, 02:44 PM

Where are you going to get them? I just bought a set on ebay, ceramic coated with a matching y pipe, and it came with all the wiring I needed to both extend the first set of O2 sensors, and a plug end to delete the secondary sensors. All said and done it was about $620 with everything needed to do the swap, gaskets, bolts, everything.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:23 PM

I correct myself. The kit that I bought came with wire to extend the front O2 sensors harness, but as for the rears, it came with none since I got a y pipe without the cats. What route are you planning to go? I'm getting my ecm remapped anyways so ill just have the secondary O2 sensors deleted, but as for a 'plug and play' harness, they are hard to come by nowadays. I would just go to a junk yard and get the connectors from both the O2 sensors and the harness end, and just make your own.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Z28silverstreak
I correct myself. The kit that I bought came with wire to extend the front O2 sensors harness, but as for the rears, it came with none since I got a y pipe without the cats. What route are you planning to go? I'm getting my ecm remapped anyways so ill just have the secondary O2 sensors deleted, but as for a 'plug and play' harness, they are hard to come by nowadays. I would just go to a junk yard and get the connectors from both the O2 sensors and the harness end, and just make your own.
hey man, can you post some pics once you get them on?

im thinking of going two routes.

1. LTs with either glasspacks or some single chamber mufflers right on the collector with turndowns.

2. LTs with the offroad ypipe into my existing 3" intermediate pipe to my single chamber flowmaster out the rear.

what do you think i should do? would there be any issues with option number 1? it seems like the collector is kind of angle up toward the bottom of the car. so i was jusr wondering if i could easily put some mufflers right onto the collectors and dump them.....

thanks,
Jeremy
Old 01-15-2010, 09:26 PM

That depends on just what exactly you are looking for. Personally, I believe the LT's with the off-road y-pipe would be the best route to go, for both awesome sound and performance with the LT1. I've never heard and LT1 with glasspacks on it, so I can't really say how that would turn out. It all depends on what you are after.