Exhaust System From headers to exhaust tips

Are pacesetter headers good for myu 94 z28

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:51 PM

Exclamation Are pacesetter headers good for myu 94 z28

I only have k&n cold air intake, high performance angled heads, and straight pipe no muffler, I just wanted to know if they are easy to install. And I about how much hp and two will I gain. 1993-1997 Camaro/Firebird LT1 Pace Setter Coated RACE Headers
Old 01-25-2012, 10:10 AM

Re: Are pacesetter headers good for myu 94 z28

What do you want to know?

Pacesetter headers are pretty common, there are tons of members on here that run them, myself included. I wouldn't say they are the best headers (my biggest complaint is the coating... it doesn't hold up to the test of time as well as I'd like. If you want I can get you some pictures of mine after about 2 years.)

They are as easy to install as any other set of headers.

I'm not going to speculate on horsepower claims, you can search on here and find dyno numbers of LongTube cars and get an idea, but they are just numbers. You'll definitely gain some horsepower, and it will be noticeable. The more you do to your car the more you stand to gain from having a set of headers.

I think the questions you should be looking at are do you want emissions, or do you want long tubes versus shortys/mids. Not how easy they are to install or how much you'll gain from them.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:06 PM

In my opinion they are a good bang for the buck, maybe the chevy of the header market. but heck your driving a GM so it's no big deal. For most setups they do a good job, work OK for me. As said above the HP gains depend on your mods, on a stock setup the gain would be low if any, however on a air sucking setup the headers are mandatory for max HP. That makes HP predictions or gains all over the place. IMO installation is a PITA, took me doing it alone two days doing taylor wires at the same time. I had to quit after I started throwing things the first day. Think about O2 extenders and OTVC wires to ease future problems. With your heads you should see a decent HP per/dollar gain. Are you planning a cam someday ? W/o a lift you have to jack the right side up about 24 inches to jockey the header in, left goes in thru top. Removing alternator, starter, valve covers helps. Also stated in previous post depending on your location emissions will be a problem.. Since you'r now running straight pipes w/o muffler it don't look like a problem to you, that setup will get very loud w/headers.

Last edited by bobdec; 01-25-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:00 AM

Exclamation Re: Are pacesetter headers good for myu 94 z28

I plan on making it a 383 stroker, Thank you everyone for helping me . Ima get the headers.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:42 AM

Headers will be worth every penny. If you plan on building a stroker though and don't intend to half *** it, I wouldn't buy pacesetters. Like others have said, even after a few years of abuse (doesn't even have to be a daily driver), the coating starts to come off and they will start falling apart at the collectors.

If I were you, I'd pony up a little extra coin and buy a stainless steel header. Installing headers on these cars are a pain in the *** to begin with and I doubt you want to be doing it twice and wasting money at the same time

Banging Siri whilst posting from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2012, 09:29 PM

Have coated longtubes for 3 years now and they look as new as the day I put them in.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:48 PM

My experience with the pacesetters was ok, performance was good I suppose. However they definately looked pretty bad pretty quickly. Next time I am going with stainless.
I had them on my old car for about 2 years,
Old 02-04-2012, 05:10 PM

I threw a used set of coated Pacesetter LTs on my old 96 Formula. All I had at the time was a flowmaster catback and the gain was night and day. Much more torque. If I could relate it to a feel, it was like going from 2.73s to 3.42s. Not to mention the sound and the