Events and Cruise Spots Car show and gathering information. Also use regional sections or Calendar.

If you have a Bolt on only LT1 COME IN! Exciting stuff inside!

Old 07-05-2011, 02:30 PM

If you have a Bolt on only LT1 COME IN! Exciting stuff inside!

A little pre info if you have been under a rock all year...

The 4th Annual National LTX Shootout is coming up in September in Bowling Green Kentucky and in addition to this year's shootout there is a brand new very fun, easy to enter, competitive heads up class for the "little guys" called street stock. Street Stock is designed for the entry level racer, the guy with bolt ons only who drives and enjoys his car on the street as well as at the track. look on www.ltxtech.com for more info on the event and the class as well as www.ltxshootout.com

I AM TELLING YOU IF YOU HAVE A HIGH 12 SEC OR EVEN A MID 13 SEC BOLT ON ONLY LT1 THERE IS NO RACE CLASS OUT THERE THATS TRUE HEADS UP LIKE THIS ONE. YOU WILL PROBABLY NEVER GET A CHANCE TO RACE TRULY HEADS UP IN AN EVENT AND BE COMPETITIVE. That is why i intially put the idea for this class out there and lobbied for it so intensively. For guys like myself who dont have the money to build a car for all the local crazy true heads up race classes. This class gives us a chance to enjoy true heads up racing, a type of drag racing that seems to have died throughout the country especially for the average low budget racer. If you come to this event i can PROMISE you you will have NO expirence like it at any other drag racing event in the country. Think about how rare this racing opportunity is. If you have any questions whatsoever feel free to pm me and i will anwser them directly. If you want to chat about it i will give u my cell phone number in a pm and we can talk over the phone. I want more then anything this class to have participants as i believe this is the most important class for everyone at the LTX Shootout.

Now onto my brand new idea specifically for our new class.....

I know that this event isnt about winning money and that it is for the enjoyment of the ltx community and i 100% agree with that......... but with that being said who wants to make it a lil bit more interesting? Hehe

Of course as long as it is ok with tony kyle and darren id love to do a side pot type thing. Everyone who wants in on the side pot (on top of whatever is up for grabs to win, which includes a cash prize, the infamous opti trophy, GMHTP magazine coverage, and also participant t-shirts, and cash prizes for the furthest to travel and the #1 qualifier in the class) will put in $20 extra and the person who goes the deepest in eliminations wins it all. This would be totally voluntary and we can even do it the day of the event and u dont have to do it and still race u just wont win the pot the person next in order who put in would win the money.

We do this every fri night at new england dragway and its called king of the hill and we all put in $10 each. We can deciede on how much we want to all enter.

What do you guys think? Makes it a bit more exciting imo
Old 07-08-2011, 07:13 AM
West South Central Moderator

Thumbs up Re: If you have a Bolt on only LT1 COME IN! Exciting stuff inside!

that would almost be enough to convince me to put my car back together, but I can't see myself going to Kentucky. Plus, when I do put my car back together I plan on upgrading the cam from the tiny 191/196*@.050 with only .418/.430" lift. Wow, I can't believe I remember the B-LT1 cam specs after so many years!

Or maybe I should get back to work on making a set of 1.7 rockers work with the heavy iron heads with pressed in studs...

I'm posting a copy of your post to the ImpalaSSforum A few years back we had quite a group of bolt-ons LT1 B-bodies.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:05 AM

Re: If you have a Bolt on only LT1 COME IN! Exciting stuff inside!

most people with the time and money to go to events like that are not using the LT1 f-body platform anymore. This would have been a good class around 10 years ago.