Events and Cruise Spots Car show and gathering information. Also use regional sections or Calendar.
View Poll Results: Which works better?
May 6th -Ted's Garage, May 7th - Drag Day
0%
May 14 - Ted's Garage & Track Day
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

2nd Annual Central Illinois Camaro Meet/Drag Day

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 06:35 PM

2nd Annual Central Illinois Camaro Meet/Drag Day--May 21st

The date is SET!

MAY 21st 11 a.m. @ Ted's Garage in Clinton, IL.
Around 1 p.m. we will line up and cruise to the Central IL Dragway in Havana, IL.

The set up @ Ted's Garage will be similar to last year. If you were fortunate enough to attend last year, you know what this entails. There were 3 prizes, Best Exterior Appearance, Best Engine Appearance, Longest Distance Traveled. These are NOT, as of yet set, HOWEVER, we are working on those details. Once we arrive at the track, we will have the track to ourselves, provided we get enough people to pre-register, so MAKE SURE YOU PRE-REGISTER! There is a $25 fee for each driver, and a $10 fee for spectators, so even if you do not want to race, you can still come to the track and enjoy a CAMARO FILLED DAY! All gen's are welcome! Later into the night, after everyone has had at least 2 runs, we will take the 16 quickest vehicles (sponsored by Chicago 5th Gen) and run a quick 16 race. Entrance into the quick 16 is included in the $25 race fee, there is no additional charge. There will be t-shirts for those who qualify in the 16 with prizes going to the winner and runner-up.

There will be more details to come regarding prizes at both events. STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO!

Last edited by Dave_O; 03-29-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:29 PM

Re: 2nd Annual Central Illinois Camaro Meet/Drag Day

Bump!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:41 PM

If you plan to attend RSVP via our Facebook event here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=103093253110198
And be sure to invite your Camaro friends!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:55 PM

Sorry about the delay in getting info out guys. End of the semester projects caught up with me. For everyone who is going and IS going to race at the track, I will PM you that information as soon as I hear back from my contact.

SO, if you are going to take your car down the track your options are:
1) PM me that you WILL be taking your car down the track and I will respond with the info. on how to pre-register.
2) Post here that you WILL be taking your car down the track and I will PM you the info. on how to pre-register.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:25 PM

Also, just so everyone is aware, the purpose of pre-registering is to see if we can obtain enough Camaro's to make this an exclusive track day. If we do not get AT LEAST 50 Camaro's by May 7th, we will have to open it up to townies and anyone else who wants to come.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:15 PM

UPDATE!!!
The PRESIDENT from Hurst Performance Vehicles, Don Swanson, WILL BE at Ted's Garage for this event! Be sure to make it out!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:44 PM

**UPDATE!**
Email from Scott Baum @ Ted's Garage:
To all, I have confirmed that the President of Hurst, Don Swanson will be here Saturday. Since I have a good selection of Hurst Camaro’s he will be bringing one of his first generation cars, an Orange Berger car. He wants to meet people and be around the Camaro scene. We have Camaro door prizes and Hurst give aways donated by Steve Aughenbaugh from State Bank of Lincoln.

AS WELL AS:
Looks like we will have the “Red Line” Hurst Camaro here Saturday as well. This is the V-6 Twin Turbo (from the rear axle) that has been on the display circuit. Just another FYI. It is being shipped as we speak from L.A.

SO BE SURE TO COME OUT FOR THIS AWESOME EVENT!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:21 AM

It's here! Hope people can make it out!