Events and Cruise Spots Car show and gathering information. Also use regional sections or Calendar.

11th annual National Fbody Motorsports Event at INDY: May 18 thru 20th!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 09:48 AM

11th annual National Fbody Motorsports Event at INDY: May 18 thru 20th!

Hi everyone,
I just wanted you all to know about one of the coolest F-body events in the nation. It's organized by members of the f-body.org mailing lists, which is the oldest F-body organization on the internet.

The event has pretty much everything you can imagine, from car show, to drag race, to autocross action to a full-tilt road event that includes driver instruction as you hang all four tires onto pavement at speeds that'll have your hair standing on end.

After missing nine consecutive events, I finally hit the tenth one in Memphis last year. It was unbelieveable fun and I dont want to miss another. This year it's at Indianapolis Motorsports park for three days. Whether you are into show, drag, autocross, road race, or parking lot surfing on a used Camaro dash pad at the hotel, there's something for you at this event. People from around the nation will be organizing caravans soon, so if you head over to http://www.fbody-event.org you should be able to check out the action.

They also have a user forum for more information(http://www.fbody-event.org/forums/), and registration will be starting SOON! I'm going, and if you are in the Michigan area, PM me and we'll see about meeting up somewhere like Michigan City or thereabouts.

Last year I took 1st place in the prepared category of the autocross, took home about thirty time slips on the drag strip, and nearly lost my hood at 145 MPH during the road event. Plus I stayed up most every night until three or four AM just talking cars and drinking strange microbrew beers at the hotel parking lot. So there you go. Fun for everyone!

This event is sponsored by Thunder Racing, among others.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:44 PM

Re: 11th annual National Fbody Motorsports Event at INDY: May 18 thru 20th!

Just an update: Although it has not been said, between the lines I read that the event is in danger of not happening due to lack of marketing or lack of interest. I *know* that this is a high energy event, so I doubt its lack of interest.

If you read this, and think you might want to go, please register and make it known on this thread: http://fbody-event.org/forums/showth...p?t=140&page=3

Last year I think that I spent about $750 for everything from gas to the event to hotel bill, and this was with a 1500 mile round-trip. However the level of Fbody expertise that you will meet there is tremendous! It's rather like a college level course on Camaro/Firebirds.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:11 AM

THIS IS A MUST DO for anyone that's into f-bodies. Drag racing? oh yeah. 3 days worth, .5 days 2 in a row, 1 full day on saturday. Road racing and autocross also. Car show, hooters, parking lot festivities, 100+ of your f-buds racing, and bs-ing.

Again it's a must do.

Check it out: www.fbody-event.org

We've been 7 out of the last 10 years, it's ALWAYS worth every penny.

Hotel rooms can be split by 2 or more people, and the deal you get for the event is a fantastic deal.

Register on the forum on the event site,

http://www.fbody-event.org/forums/

get into the poll and let them know you're going to come, and let's make this happen again.

Joe Clark
Old 02-16-2006, 01:48 AM

It's a Great Event! I'll be there. IRP.....the most famous Drag Strip in the world. Home of the NHRA "US NATIONALS"

Also see: http://www.gmhightechperformance.com.../0403htp_event

Last edited by Mike Comp T/A #57; 03-13-2006 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:05 PM

Duhh like in not gunna be there for like the 5th year in a row or what ever. not to mention 99 and 01.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by SSnthe10s
Duhh like in not gunna be there for like the 5th year in a row or what ever. not to mention 99 and 01.
Too bad, From the sounds of it, there's going to be some other turbo cars there this year to race against. Not to mention Thunder Racing, some folks from TPIS, Carolina Automasters, and many rare machines like at least one Comp TA, a road race original '73 Trans Am, several Firehawks from 1992, 1993 and 1994. Most of them will be seen actually on the track and NOT on a Barrett Jackson runway.

Smoke them if you got them!

Last edited by ws6transam; 02-16-2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:37 PM

when i said "liek in not going to be there" i ment "i am"
Old 02-19-2006, 01:11 AM

This event sounds awesome. I'm going to try and make it and bring some NE Ohio boys with me. My car should be ready before then, hell that might be it's first time to the track.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:23 AM

i found out about the event 5 years ago thru my local club. the next year afte Ken Raham taking my car for a rip around teh track i was hooked. i preped the car for the next 2 years and had a blast on the road course. doubt i'll be making indy as im in the parallel boat as Dan was in for the past 9 years, new house, getting married, and no funds.
but i have made the past 4 events in memphis being i live here and its benn a blast. i have been to other F events and other car related events over 13 years and none compair to the national F body mailing list event. the orginization of things is awsome, they plan things down to the final detail and make great notes on what to do for the next to make it even better.
this event isnt full of wanna bes, the attendees are fully about the car and mainly the enjoyment of the friends they have made thru the event.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:41 PM

Right you are, Richard!
Too bad you wont be there, you'll be missed.
You are, my man, one of the people that made the event with your enthusiasm.

Hey, what are the chances of getting Comp Cams to sponsor the event and sending you as the company rep? Come on now, you know how to sell it! Do it ! Do it!
Old 02-20-2006, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by ws6transam
Right you are, Richard!
Too bad you wont be there, you'll be missed.
You are, my man, one of the people that made the event with your enthusiasm.
well id rather attend and be comfortable instead of barely making it. that can make for a sour event, been there done that (bowling green). things will be in order to attend next year where ever the voted venue is.

Originally Posted by ws6transam
Hey, what are the chances of getting Comp Cams to sponsor the event and sending you as the company rep? Come on now, you know how to sell it! Do it ! Do it!
Dan i was all over that last year and the dept that shells out the cash for things said nope. i'll try again in the future with other areas being i know ALOT (EVERYBODY) mor folks there now. havign Comp sponsor the event would definantly be a high point in the event history.

Last edited by quickchicken; 02-20-2006 at 11:44 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:36 AM

Register at http://www.fbody-event.org
Open to all F-bodies, GTO's, Vettes and CTS-V's.

Last edited by Mike Comp T/A #57; 03-13-2006 at 03:18 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:20 AM

http://www.fbody-event.org
Registration open!

Last edited by Mike Comp T/A #57; 03-13-2006 at 03:18 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:51 PM

Register at http://www.fbody-event.org
Open to all F-bodies, GTO's, Vettes and CTS-V's.
Drag Racing, Road Course, Auto-X and Car Show.

The "NFME" is a National Event with magazine coverage. Notice it's a Thursday, Friday, Saturday event. It is a closed event that is not open to the public. You should get unlimited runs on the most famous dragstrip in the world. IRP is the home of the NHRA US Nationals.......so you know the track prep will be good. Some of the fastest F-bodies in the country will be there along with cars that you have seen in magazines and on TV. If you want to get a professional quality picture of your car leaving the line, Jim Davidson will be on hand. His F-body pictures are second to none.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:00 AM

I'm there!!

Quick Reply: 11th annual National Fbody Motorsports Event at INDY: May 18 thru 20th!