East South Central Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee

Plan on being @ the NOPI event in Pigeon Forge? June 27-29

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 04:29 AM

Plan on being @ the NOPI event in Pigeon Forge? June 27-29

I know that NOPI is pretty much an import only organization but I went to the Southeastern Truck and Compact Nationals last June and really enjoyed it... many RX-7s and Supra's running around that had the Go with the Show. There were a few domestics among them... my favorite was the blown LS1 T/A Well that and the swimsuit competition

I recall a couple of you guys being at the event last year and was wondering if any of you wanted to meet up while we're all in the area? We could find some where nice to eat/hang out there in Pigeon Forge or caravan 25 minutes west to Knoxville. Hooter's has a restuarant in Knoxville and that seems to be a popular place for car clubs to meet up at The event is scheduled to be June 27-29 at the Sevier County Fairgrounds. I'm sure they'll have more info posted as it gets closer on www.nopi.com .

Last year MOST of the domestics that weren't tricked out for the show hung out in groups in the surrounding parking lots. I was able to snap a pic of several Cobra's lined up together... they looked pretty sweet. Maybe we can do something similar and get a large group of F-body's together, I'm sure that'll draw some attention. My ProjectTA should be on the road by then

Anyways, the event is still 4 months away but it'll give you some time to plan a weekend to make it out there. It'd be a good way for those of us not able to drive up to MI for the CZ28.com event @ the end of July to meet up anyways. I'll make another post about it as time gets closer to see if anymore interest has stirred up for it.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:19 AM

UPDATE:

The event was moved to July 12/13th and its going to be held at the Bristol Motor Speedway. The NOPI East Tennessee Race Wars... so maybe some of you guys can get some runs in over the weekend. I'm not sure if its going to be strictly racing over the 2 day period or if they'll have a test and tune sort of deal going on. The car show is going to be held at the same time as the drag racing.

http://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/...ts/344617.html <--- There's a lil more info about the event. It has sub-compact listed as running but I believe that info is for the pro guy's that follow the NOPI tour. I'm sure they'll let some domestics in on the fun. You can register to race on the www.nopi.com website for the event.

Anyways... just thought I'd update the info once again.