East South Central Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee

Knoxville Area

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:01 PM

Knoxville Area

Hey guys. I just moved down to Knoxville, TN yesterday and I'm just wondering what the car scene is like down here. So far all I have seen is a bunch of ricers and a 4X4 fox body. Hopefully thats not all this area has to offer lol.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:24 PM
TGK

Location: Knoxville, Tennessee/Mooresville, N.C./Phoenix, AZ/Bristol, TN
It is all we have to offer, lol. No, but seriously, there are some nice cars out here. As for clubs and gatherings I only know a couple and they are mostly imports. There are the rod runs though up in Pigeon Forge twice a year. PM me on here and we can set up a date to meet up if you like.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:32 PM

Welcome to TN. you might want to try www.highperformancetoys.com There is alot of guys from Knoxville on there.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:39 PM

Thanks guys. That site is pretty cool. I read something about the Foothills Mall gatherings. Are those worth checking out? What is the Rod Run? Also, are there any quarter mile tracks in/around this area? Up north (MI) we dont do the 1/8 mile racing so my car isnt exactly setup for that. Thanks for all the info so far guys!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:59 PM

I am not sure about 1/4 mile tracks in knoxville, there is one in Bristol which is about a hour and a half drive for you. As for gatherings the rod run is the biggest in this area. Thousands of people and all types of cars pile into Pigeon Forge. If you go, go in the middle of the night and sleep when you get there. If you try to go mid day Saturday then plan on sitting in traffic for 3 or 4 hours.. I am not sure the dates of it, but I will find out and send you a pm.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by SC/TA
I am not sure about 1/4 mile tracks in knoxville, there is one in Bristol which is about a hour and a half drive for you. As for gatherings the rod run is the biggest in this area. Thousands of people and all types of cars pile into Pigeon Forge. If you go, go in the middle of the night and sleep when you get there. If you try to go mid day Saturday then plan on sitting in traffic for 3 or 4 hours.. I am not sure the dates of it, but I will find out and send you a pm.
Hour and a half isnt a bad drive. Rod run sounds like a small Woodward Dream Cruise. 3-4 hours is nothing compared to the WDC lol. But thanks for the heads up I'm gonna have to check that out for sure. Thanks man! Oh yeah do you know anything about the Foothills Mall gatherings?
Old 05-25-2008, 10:55 AM

I am also relatively new to Knoxville. Other than the Rod Runs in Pigeon Forge, I have not been able to find other gatherings for camaros/firebirds. I think there is a Camaro Club that meets at a local Chevrolet dealership, Ray Villes, on the first (maybe 2nd) Tuesday evening each month. I also need to locate a good performance shop that works on LT1 engines. Any suggestions for a Sunday get-together as well as a reputable performance shop would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike