Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Serious question about BMR TQ arm and Moser 12-bolt (cutting involved)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 09:30 PM

Serious question about BMR TQ arm and Moser 12-bolt (cutting involved)

No its not about the TQ arm to differential bolts

Well not directly.

More to the point. On BMR's Adjustable TQ arm, there is a upper and lower tab on to which mounts it to the rear. On each of these tabs there are 2 SETS of holes next to one another.

I was told one is for the factory 7.5" 10 bolt rears and the other are for 12 bolt rears, like a Moser or Strange.

I did no cutting or grinding, I picked the set of holes that best fit the rear. I looked to see if I could get the TQ arm closer but the TAB would hit the lip on the diff, so I picked the other set.

Now speaking with a few local guys with BMR stuff, they said I had to CUT the 1st set of holes, and attach it via the 2nd set, being that the 1st was for the 10 bolt and the other is for the 12 bolt.

So this basically means I will be permantly Damaging my tq arm, so that it will only fit on 12 bolt rear.

Has ANYONE heard about this, or done it themselves. If they have, how did they do it and can you give anytips.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:43 PM

Re: Serious question about BMR TQ arm and Moser 12-bolt (cutting involved)

If the BMR is like the Spohn which also has two sets of mounting holes...one set is for the stock rear and the 12 bolts; the other set is for the 9". This is because the 9" center section is not "centered" under the car (its actually slightly towards the drivers side). Call BMR to be sure if they make theirs like the Spohn set up. I wouldn't think you'd have to grind on anything to make it fit correctly. Just make sure that the TA is correctly located exactly perpendicular to the rear or you'll get tons of wheel hop...Good luck...

--Alan
Old 06-21-2005, 03:50 AM

thanks for the reply. As far as I can recall it is just like spohn's tq arm.

I am going to Eastside Performance a really big LS1 place in CT, they also set up rears to make sure they will do thier job. I will pick their brain when I get there.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:07 AM

OMG I was hoping I would find someone with the same issues I am having.
I have a Moser 12 bolt and a Spohn adj. torque arm. So far I have had to cut a chunck out of the rear mount, not the flanges, but the vertical part that has the sperical ends attached to it. There is a nub on the 12 bolt that needs this notch cut out. I will have pics onmy site soon. The arm still doesn't bolt up though. Only 2 bolts line up, to get the other 2 to loine up, I am going to have to really hack up the rear mounting flange. Pretty much cutting off the 2 mounting holes that are not being used.

I really think that these companies should desighn better mounting flanges, or at least warn aobut the problems. This much cutting should not need to be done on a $400 part.

Let me know how anyone elses instal goes.