Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Ls1 trans mount much stronger than Lt1?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 10:44 PM

Ls1 trans mount much stronger than Lt1?

I'm battling a car that eats trans mounts like crazy. I changed to brand new motor mounts and still it ate a brand new trans mount. I've got a poly mount, but I hate them so much. I stumbled onto the LS1 mount and people say they are stronger. Is this true? They look much beefier than the LT1 mount.

Looking for reassurance before bedtime I suppose. I'll buy one and see how long it lasts. If not, Poly goes back in.

As far as failing trans mounts, besides the motor mounts which were just replaced, is there anything after the transmission that could cause them to fail? I've read things from the heavy steel driveshafts, to frame mounted torque arms, to lower control arm brackets and whatnot. Its a relatively stock car that shouldn't be eating mounts like this for a reason.

Any input?
Old 09-08-2012, 07:16 PM

Re: Ls1 trans mount much stronger than Lt1?

For most guys, it is an occasional high mileage failure. Maybe make sure you don't have some mismatched angle from your tranny to your rear end. I use the 1LE mount which is like the LT1 mount but without the hole. None of the high power guys seem to be complaining about it, so it is something peculiar to your setup. I wouldn't use poly, either.