Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

How much would a new clutch installed cost for a '94 Z?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 02:10 PM

Question How much would a new clutch installed cost for a '94 Z?

Sup fellas, I just found out that my clutch is blown and the shop that my Z is sitting in right now is asking for $900 installed. How does that price sound? Personally that seems lil high but I have no idea what the going price is for a new clutch installed is. Please let me know what you guys think. I did a search and some people seem to really like the clutch from Autozone. Anyone have any input on the Autozone clutch? A part number for their clutch would be great if someone has it. Thanks in advance.

~~Wes

Edit: I just found out the price breakdown...375 for Labor, 485 for Parts, and 50 for resurfacing flywheel.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:19 PM

I don't know what kind of clutch autozone has, but I doubt its anything better than stock, and for the price of 485 plus 50 for flywheel turn is alot of money. I got my SPECII clutch for 420 shipped to me and paid 30 bucks to have flywheel turned. I also paid 5 dollars for a new pilot bushing and 20 dollars for a new rear main seal. These two items I highly suggest you put in, because your there and if say for instance that rear seal starts to leak, it may take your new clutch with it. My clutch is good for 470-480 flweel torque. For a stock car you may not need the higher rated clutch, but its a good idea if you plan on going with bolt-ons and maybe heads/cam. Most places will charge from 250-400 bucks for labor. Both my friends were charged 800 total parts and labor. I would find a better clutch or cheaper one than that, check out the vendor list and group purchase area for a good deal. There is one place called the clutch depot on the net that sells my clutch for 405 shipped, so there are much better deals. Lots of those shops will say ya this is a better clutch with 30% more holding power, but this says nothing, the ram clutch say this and I've read on here they aren't very strong for bolt-on cars, I've never owned one so I can't say, and I would rather try a clutch that people have good experience with rather than some off the shelf no name brand
Old 10-01-2003, 12:46 PM

I also woulnd't trust a no name brand clutch from autozone. Spec makes good clutches stages 1-3 for lt1's. You can get stages 1 and 2 for a lot cheaper than $485